HP Prime Pro (1)
10-07-2017, 11:22 PM
HP Prime Pro (1)
Because HP does not introduce in your manual a step by step or guidance how to transfer folders and programs for HP Pro Prime? It would be very helpful, because in General, who bought the physical calculator, acquired ‘HP Prime Pro’.

Grateful

Davi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2017, 05:29 AM
RE: HP Prime Pro (1)
Hello,

The transfert is accomplished using the connectivity kit.
The documentation is provided as part of the connectivity kit (and I do admit that it could be better).

They are multiple steps:
1: install and start the con kit on your PC/Mac
2: in the con kit preferences, make sure that the IP networking is enabled.
3: start your HP Prime on your tablet/phone. make sure that the tablet is connected to the same network as your PC (most likely home network). go to the home modes/networking page (page 4). You should be able to select the con kit "network" there (will have the name that you specified in the con kit). Connect to it. The calculator should now show up in the con kit.
4) transfter the files that you want using drag and drop (multiple ways to do so).

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Hello,

They are multiple steps:
1: install and start the con kit on your PC/Mac
OK
2: in the con kit preferences, make sure that the IP networking is enabled.
OK
3: start your HP Prime on your tablet/phone. make sure that the tablet is connected to the same network as your PC (most likely home network). go to the home modes/networking page (page 4).

WHEN I GET IN THIS STEP, I AM NOT ABLE TO SELECT THE NETWORK KIT. I THINK YOU'RE MISSING SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO COMPLETE THIS STEP.
10-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Hello,

For things to work, both systems (the PC and the tablet) have to be connected on the same IP subnet.

How it works under the hood:
The con kit will 'advertise' its presense using UDP multicast every 1 second.
The Prime pro app is listening on the same UDP port and should receive the advertisement and show the network on the calcualtor entwork list.

If it does not, and both devices are on the same subnet, then it is most likely because the UDP messages are not being sent or received.

This might be either because the connection is not active 100% of the time on one of the 2 devices (which apparently can happen for power saving reasons), or because some security features are blocking them (either at a firewall or router level, on any of the 2 devices)...

It is unfortunately very hard to diagnose the exact root cause of the problem remotely :-(

If you are technicaly oriented, you might be able to list the ports used by your systems and see if you can see any network trafic.

The system is using port:38812.
As you can see from the code comment bellow, choosing an IP port is a big problem :-(
// Port selection: A BIG issue!
// Most advices from the net tels you to use a port <1024 as they are less likely to be blocked by network administrators
// However, for some reason, mac os has decided that only root process can listen on port <1024, so we have a conflict here.
// Luckily enough, in our case, we are only interested in LOCAL networking (same subnet in most cases), and sub-nets are usually
// handled by 'dumb' network hubs, which are usually not configured to block anything.
// as a reson, we should be safe enough using a port with a number > 1024.
// I used the data at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TC...rt_numbers to find a 'large empty range' between 2 officially assigned ports and, sice that fell
// and use something aroudn the middle of it. Since the middle was a multiple of 100 (38800: more likely to be used by someone else), I added 12 to the result to get 38812.
// I then verified this port use and could not find anything.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-10-2017, 11:06 AM
I'm using Windows 10 and have the same problem. The calc app doesn't see the network. I have IP networking enabled in the CK and have tried opening ALL ports in my cable modem/router (just for this test!) I still get no connection.

Tom L
Cui bono?
10-10-2017, 02:25 PM
(10-10-2017 12:51 PM)moonbeam Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 11:06 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I'm using Windows 10 and have the same problem. The calc app doesn't see the network. I have IP networking enabled in the CK and have tried opening ALL ports in my cable modem/router (just for this test!) I still get no connection.

Opening all ports on your cable modem/router is a dangerous course of action. Depending on the specifics, you may have invited the whole Internet inside your network.

You don't go into detail, but I would first verify that the devices running the CK and calc app are in fact in the same IP network. If they are, is your wifi access point configured to isolate wifi clients from each other and/or the wifi interface from the wired one? Finally, if Android is involved, a no-root firewall will break communication between the CK and the app.

I know opening all ports is dangerous. That's why I turned off the WAN before doing it and closed the ports before turning on the WAN again.

I only have one IP network with one subnet.

Tom L
Cui bono?
10-14-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: HP Prime Pro (1) Solved
[size=xx-small][font=Arial][size=small][size=x-small]Finally I passed my programs to my calculator mobile "HP Prime Pro". The connectivity kit installed on my desktop and it worked. I didn't have to do anything, the kit simply worked and was recognized on the network. What puzzles me is that both the laptop and desktop both work with the same operating system, Windows 10 and the same antivirus and the same 64-bit platform. The notebook is a "Del Precision M6600" and the desktop is custom mounted computer.

Is a power join this group.
10-14-2017, 11:31 PM
The connection from HP Prime Pro iOS (on iPad Air) or HP Prime Pro Android (on Samsung Tab) works very fine with HP Connectivity kit on my Asus (Windows 7) and does not work AT ALL with HP Connectivity Kit on my HP Spectre 360 (Windows 10).
Unfortunatly the Asus does not have a touch screen.
For a demo with teachers the connection seems very difficult to parametrize.
10-15-2017, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 01:43 AM by toml_12953.)
I guess I'm making progress. On the iOS calculator, I can see the network name in the choose box now. If I highlight it and press Enter, the choose box returns to "No network selected (1)" (before the number in the parentheses was 0) and Status is "Connecting..." but it never actually connects nor is the iOS calculator seen in the CK.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)