Starting Astro Lab 4
09-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Starting Astro Lab 4
I have installed Astro Lab 4 on my HP Prime.
How do I start the application?

When I press start I get the input of the symbolic screen (input function)?
Do I need to change some settings?

Thanks for any Help

Jan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2017, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 12:24 PM by Marcel.)
RE: Starting Astro Lab 4
Hi Powersoft,

Astro Lab is not a single program, it is a collection of functions. It is important to be in HOME and not in CAS to use it. I have made a simple guide to help with a step by step procedures, so read it, this is the best help.

I have almost finish AstroLab_5 but this time on Ti-Nspire. If you have a Ti-Nspire, I will upload it in 2 weeks on Ti-Planet.

Have fun!

Marcel
09-19-2017, 12:25 PM
(09-19-2017 12:08 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi Powersoft,

Astro Lab is not a single program, it is a collection of functions. It is important to be in HOME and not in CAS to use it. I have made a simple guide to help with a step by step procedures so read it, this is the best help.

I have almost finish AstroLab_5 but this time on Ti Nspire. If you have a Ti-Nspire, I will upload it in 2 weeks on Ti-Planet.

Have fun!

Marcel

Thanks for the response. Have some trouble with the installation.
I have read your guide, it say's only "copy the files in your HP Prime".
In the download there are 6 subdirectories ended with .hpappdir.
Should I copy them into the Apps Library?
Please can you give me a quick guide to it?
09-19-2017, 12:27 PM
(09-19-2017 12:08 PM)Marcel Wrote:  I have almost finish AstroLab_5 but this time on Ti-Nspire. If you have a Ti-Nspire, I will upload it in 2 weeks on Ti-Planet.

hi Marcel,
thank you.
Do you think also to release it for Prime in a next future?

Salvo

∫aL√0 (@salvomic, IT9CLU) - HP Prime, 50g, 12C :: HP Prime Software Library
09-19-2017, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 01:19 PM by Marcel.)
Hi Salvo!

In fact I will be ready for the next evolution of the Ti-Nspire (maybe in a six months for the next year?). I call it AstroLab_5 because the calculator is not the same but the functions are the same. I change the input (less {}), and I have ad some option for the control of the summer time for the output in seasons (equinoxe and solstice on Prime) and phases_moon. This time the user must input this: seasons({2017,9,19.3},1) where the second argument is 0 or 1 and control the output (regardless the choice at initialisation). A zero will output time in UT and Normal Time and a 1 will output in UT and Local Time (with summer time!).

The Ti-Nspire have no clock so the ListNow function is not the same. The user have to input the time but in the future, it will be the same. I will wait the next Ti-Nspire for the graphical output (Solar system, Jupiter satellites and Moon illumination). The functions are here but the output is only numbers.

AstroLab_5.5 will be the complete application, for now, AstroLab_5 is only the kernel.

Marcel
09-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Hi Powersoft,
You have drag all the .hpappdir files to the Prime one after one and the installation will be ok.
Marcel
09-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Hi Salvo!

Here, two screens capture of AstroLab_5...

Marcel

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-19-2017, 02:49 PM
(09-19-2017 01:31 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi Salvo!

Here, two screens capture of AstroLab_5...

Marcel

interesting.
Thank you!

Salvo

∫aL√0 (@salvomic, IT9CLU) - HP Prime, 50g, 12C :: HP Prime Software Library

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)