Hp50g App menu without Periodic Table
09-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Hp50g App menu without Periodic Table
Hi,
can someone tell me why in my hp50g App menu there is not a link to the periodic table of elements? It is correctly installed and accessible from LIB menu...
I don't use frequently so I'm not particularly interested in correcting the problem, but I'm curious to know why it is so.

Thanks

Hardware: Hp48S - Hp50g (5x black + 1 blue) - HP39gII - Hp27s - Casio fx-CG50
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2017, 11:57 AM
RE: Hp50g App menu without Periodic Table
(09-05-2017 10:55 AM)franz.b Wrote:  Hi,
can someone tell me why in my hp50g App menu there is not a link to the periodic table of elements? It is correctly installed and accessible from LIB menu...
I don't use frequently so I'm not particularly interested in correcting the problem, but I'm curious to know why it is so.

Thanks

Two possibilities spring to mind:

(1) If it's accessible from the LIB menu, then it's not the correct library. Go here and get the latest ROM as well as its properly matched version of the Periodic Table library: http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7097

(2) You might not be scrolling down far enough. On my 50g, the Periodic Table it item 13 in the APPS menu. Fastest way to get to it is by pressing up-arrow, not down-arrow.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2017, 12:16 PM
thanks for reply!

the version command returns:
"version HP50-C revision # 2.15"
"copyright HP 2009"
so I think the rom version is correct.

my app list is:
1. full functions
2. I / O functions
3. Constant lib
4. Numeric Solver
5. time & date
6. Equation writer
7. File Manager
8. matrix writer
9. text editor
10. math menu
11. cas menu
12. equation library
13. streamsmart

09-05-2017, 07:20 PM
You have the wrong periodic table library installed. Detach and purge the one that you currently have installed, and install the one that comes with the ROM 2.15 package (linked above). Then it'll correctly show up in the APPS menu (and probably have more features and fewer bugs than the version you have now).

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2017, 08:18 PM
(09-05-2017 11:57 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  (2) You might not be scrolling down far enough. On my 50g, the Periodic Table it item 13 in the APPS menu. Fastest way to get to it is by pressing up-arrow, not down-arrow.

I learned that I never used the APPS button (except for "files" and "begin").

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
09-05-2017, 08:52 PM
(09-05-2017 07:20 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  You have the wrong periodic table library installed. Detach and purge the one that you currently have installed, and install the one that comes with the ROM 2.15 package (linked above). Then it'll correctly show up in the APPS menu (and probably have more features and fewer bugs than the version you have now).

in fact, thanks to your suggestion, I know that the currently installed version is "ChemLab 2.7" in Library 1014 and not that indicated in the "hp50g ROM Upgrade.pdf" file.
My hp50g is second-hand and I think the previous owner has deleted the original library and installed ChemLab.
It's not an application I use, so I'll leave it as it is, but now I understand why it does not appear in the "APP" list.

Thanks a lot

09-15-2018, 05:56 PM
By the way, new interactive version "Periodic Table of Elements": https://periodic.artlebedev.ru
Click buttons on the top left for the required customization (unique URL for collaboration) and down left for hi-res download.

Design of the interactive “Mendeleev's Periodic Table”

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)