HP Prime Website is messed up
09-02-2017, 01:00 AM
HP Prime Website is messed up
Has anyone visited the HP calculator store website within the past 24 hours? Several calculators are "out of stock." One financial calculator is mislabeled as a "lock." Maybe they are refreshing the lineup and introducing new calculators?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2017, 04:31 AM
RE: HP Prime Website is messed up
(09-02-2017 01:00 AM)ptb Wrote:  Has anyone visited the HP calculator store website within the past 24 hours? Several calculators are "out of stock".
Htb (?),
The Prime seems to be labeled as "out of stock" for weeks and months.

Hans
09-02-2017, 05:27 AM
HP Calculator Department seem to be very quiet lately must be some surprise coming up soon..?

Gamo
09-03-2017, 01:03 AM
I ordered a HP Prime from Amazon. But it really disappoints me that TI's web site is much better, like they take more pride in their offerings. I would rather have the Prime than the nSpire.
09-03-2017, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 04:56 PM by Tim Wessman.)
The HP website/store has always been a bit wonky shall we say. Its been commented regularly here and elsewhere that the HP site in general seems to misbehave regularly in ways like this.

A lot of that has to do with the size of the website and the sheer number of products that had to be supported (pre-merger). Another interesting thing is the two sided face of HP in that HP *does* sell direct through the website to end customers, but its primary method of moving computers/printers is through 3rd party vendors (walmart, bestbuy, etc). So there has always been an inherent conflict between driving too many purchases directly vs keeping 3rd part retailers happy.

I'm sure this has something to do with migrating the store platform to one version or another and not anything to do with "exciting happenings". I'll check with the business side of things tues and see if they are aware of the problems with the store at the moment.

Another good example of this was some videos that were linked to on the "Prime" page. In the last migration, somehow they started pointing at totally different products. We're still trying to get that one resolved.

It doesn't have anything to do with "pride in the products" but rather the difference between a small organization fitting into a very large one and having all the restrictions, rules, and processes designed for the "bigger" entity, and essentially a business unit that does what they want over at TI. Provided they don't directly interfere with selling of chips or compete with customers, they are pretty free to do what they want over there.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)