How to install free42 skins in android phones (and where are the free42 folders)
08-29-2017, 03:16 AM
How to install free42 skins in android phones (and where are the free42 folders)
I downloaded free42 skins onto my android phone. I wanted to place the skins onto a folder that free42 could recognize. Strangely, I couldn't find the exact location of free42 (by using folder viewers in android or plugging into computer), no matter how hard I tried. I expected it to be in places like android\data\com.thomasokken.free42, but no, just no such folder. More strangely, I navigated inside free42, and it showed its OWN free42 directories (e.g. \storage\emulated\0\free42) in which I can't find using my android's folder viewers. Any help would be highly appreciated. (Free42 version: 2.0.4)

KCC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: How to install free42 skins in android phones (and where are the free42 folders)
Hi,

I have Android 6, the latest free 42, and did the following:

Paste free42 skins in a folder in the "download" of the Android system (mine is /sdcard/download)

GO to the free42 app, touch the upper right side of the screen

In the menu that appears downside, touch "more"

Select "skin other"

Select the file to the download folder mentioned above

Select you skin

Enjoy and be happy

If there is any problem, report again

Cheers

JL
08-29-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: How to install free42 skins in android phones (and where are the free42 folders)
(08-29-2017 03:16 AM)KCC Wrote:  ... and it showed its OWN free42 directories (e.g. \storage\emulated\0\free42) in which I can't find using my android's folder viewers. Any help would be highly appreciated. (Free42 version: 2.0.4)

Get the free "CM File Manager" in the Android Play Store. It lets you see all internal folders easily plus it has a great extra feature of becoming a virtual FTP server so you can move files to/from the PC using File Explorer. As it is a free App, it does contain some Ads, but I just ignore them and they aren't a problem.

--Bob Prosperi
08-31-2017, 01:52 AM
Turns out it is my stupid mistake. I had not granted free42 permission to access my file system.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your assistance.

KCC

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)