My connectivity kit is not seeing my Prime
06-29-2022, 02:54 PM
My connectivity kit is not seeing my Prime
When I start the connectivity kit start on my MacBook Pro I see only the emulator, not my prime. Should I load drivers for the Prime? If yes where to find
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2022, 10:46 PM
RE: My connectivity kit is not seeing my Prime
Try connecting through a USB 2 hub if you have one rather than direct to the Mac.
07-02-2022, 06:08 AM
Thanks, I will try to find one with a c-connector. Could this also the problem with my conectivity kit? When I started the kit is showing the emulator, when I ckick on it the structure of the calculator is showing, my calculator is resetting and boem the connectivity kit is crashing!
07-02-2022, 07:27 AM
RE: Download onnectivity kit
What is the url to load the latest connectivity kit?
When I try to load it from the hp side it seem not to willing download the file.
07-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Try here: https://www.hpcalc.org/prime/

and search for "HP Connectivity Kit"

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
07-03-2022, 09:22 AM
(07-02-2022 07:27 AM)Powersoft Wrote:  When I try to load it from the hp side it seem not to willing download the file.

I can no longer directly access "ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/" which I think is where the upgrades within the programs come from. (?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.
07-03-2022, 12:59 PM
(07-03-2022 09:22 AM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  I can no longer directly access "ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/" which I think is where the upgrades within the programs come from. (?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Agreed, it appears to no longer be accessible. I've always been able to access this site (using File Explorer worked after browsers stopped working on ftp sites) but I now immediately get a terminated connection notice, so not even simply being offline. A shame HP is working so hard to make things more difficult for its customers. For years they simply ignored resources like this, now they're actually going out of their way... <sigh>

OTOH, all (most?) released versions of Prime software are available at hpcalc.org. Thanks Eric!

--Bob Prosperi
07-03-2022, 04:15 PM
(07-03-2022 12:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-03-2022 09:22 AM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  I can no longer directly access "ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/" which I think is where the upgrades within the programs come from. (?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

A shame HP is working so hard to make things more difficult for its customers. For years they simply ignored resources like this, now they're actually going out of their way... <sigh>

OTOH, all (most?) released versions of Prime software are available at hpcalc.org. Thanks Eric!

HP has nothing to do with it anymore, it seems.

Tom L
Cui bono?
07-07-2022, 09:48 PM
(07-02-2022 06:08 AM)Powersoft Wrote:  Thanks, I will try to find one with a c-connector.

I'm not sure there are any -- not direct to USB2 at least. Plugging the Prime into a USB2 hub, plugging that into a USB3 hub and plugging that into a USB-C port on the computer works for me.
08-10-2022, 09:19 AM
We are currently working on updating the server credentials, to re-route to the new Moravia servers. This will solve the issue, in a new version of the Connectivity Kit. Please bear with us for the time being. Smile

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)