beep
08-10-2022, 09:30 PM
RE: beep
(08-10-2022 07:16 PM)John Keith Wrote:  
(08-10-2022 09:17 AM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  What other options would you like to see?

Just one simple option: a "Prime Pro" model without the restrictions necessary for approval by testing organizations. Software not locked down to prevent user modification, no artificial division between Home and CAS, can appear as a USB drive on any computer without the need for special software.

This could be done with minimal hardware cost- eliminate the Test Mode LEDs and use a different color bezel so that it is easily distinguishable from the standard model.

Outstanding ideas. Please do something about the contrast with the alpha/orange key inscriptions. They are nearly invisible except under bright light. Yes, they are better in the G2, but still need improvement.

The "Prime Pro" can be billed as the professional Scientist/Engineer's calculator. This is about the only way the Prime can keep being made, since it has never really broken into the education market.

In the meantime, the OS needs to be updated to better integrate Python and make it more stable. Still far too many crashes are happening during basic operations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2022, 11:32 AM
Ok so I am going to stick my oar in here. Probably won't make any new friends though!

Two things.
One. Can the new Prime Pro please have a beer cooler, walky-talky radio capability and a "tactical" "flashlight". Ok, clearly? I jest. But everyone seems to think that their pet want is what "everyone" wants, obviously.

If people are so desperate to have a "beep" then get the LEDs to flash (is that possible?) and then build a super elaborate Raspberry Pi contraption in a de rigueur 3D printed case to make a buzzer buzz/beep etc.

Two. The ever present dichotomy, "look at me everyone, I'm a professional/scientist/engineer, "they" are just students". There is no difference. I could go on about how "professional" builders "need" different electric drills to those used by "amateurs", or "professional" camera user bores who "need" different features on their Nikons to capture light, etc. [You either know what I'm talking about or you don't.]

If someone can explain to me how it is that, if a student uses an HP Prime for college, how does that stop a "professional" from programming the same calculator to do whatever it is that is required.

[Off-topic rant? You decide. I don't think so.]

Stephen.
08-12-2022, 09:56 PM
(08-12-2022 11:32 AM)8031Brown Wrote:  [Off-topic rant? You decide. I don't think so.]

Stephen.

Ha ha, good one. Don't forget the Pro comes with a little red wagon to tow it around with you Smile

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)