Android app of WP-34s/31s?
08-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Android app of WP-34s/31s?
Is there an android emulator app of the most beloved scientific WP34s / 31s calculators? Or is there room for self exposure? (Not that I was capable of something like that.) -- I fear this is another already often asked question (but not by me - yet). And I'd like to distort their skins also ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: Android app of WP-34s/31s?
(08-09-2017 08:02 PM)ArneStolti Wrote:  Is there an android emulator app of the most beloved scientific WP34s / 31s calculators? Or is there room for self exposure? (Not that I was capable of something like that.) -- I fear this is another already often asked question (but not by me - yet). And I'd like to distort their skins also ...

Alas, not yet! Many of us are hoping for one to emerge, but nothing so far. I generally find the HP-20b and -30b keyboards terrible, and this is a rare case where I think the Android phone LCD keyboard would be better than the real calculator.

--Bob Prosperi
08-10-2017, 03:16 AM
To get an android version, we require someone who knows about Android and who is willing to port the application.

Pauli
11-15-2017, 10:22 PM
(08-10-2017 03:16 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  To get an android version, we require someone who knows about Android and who is willing to port the application.

Pauli
-
The Qt based multi platform emulators are maintained by: Pascal Meheut <pascal.meheut@density-tech.com>
Since Pascal has a Qt emulator assembled, perhaps the port to android is easier than otherwise.
Brian
11-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Yes, the question has been asked already.
The reason I did not try to implement the emulator for Android are:
- it is a lot of work
- supporting multiple resolutions is not easy and Android means many of them
- Supporting an Android app with the various hardware, the many OS versions and so is usually more work than iOS

So I do not have the courage to go this route and so far, nobody seems to volunteer neither.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)