HP-91 Emulator
07-09-2017, 02:33 AM
HP-91 Emulator
Hi all,

Thanks to Bernhards original microcode file, the HP-91 emulator is working now and available for download at http://www.teenix.org

I have to say, this was no easy task as I thought it would be.
The key codes were very tedious to work out. For example, trying to find the code for the decimal point key means trying every possible code until the DP is displayed. However, there are multiple key codes that produce a DP, and the other key codes did the same. So each key had to go through this laborious process and tested for proper operation.

The ROM mask in the [PIK] chip was also different to the other files that I have seen, so the printer codes had to be set by trial and error.

Also, similar to the HP-19c, the status register bit [0] has many functions controlled by it. This was a real cryptic exercise trying to find the logic of it all.

Anyway, it seems to work ok.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 08:55 AM
RE: HP-91 Emulator
Hi all,

Apologies for those that may have spent their time downloading the emulator.

I just noticed that I still had the PC to HP-91 keyboard translator working in test mode which will cause problems when inputting data from the PC.

New download available.

cheers

Tony
07-10-2017, 09:07 AM
(07-09-2017 02:33 AM)teenix Wrote:  Thanks to Bernhards original microcode file, the HP-91 emulator is working now and available for download at http://www.teenix.org

That is great news. Thanks for having made the first HP-91 emulator.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
07-10-2017, 10:51 AM
(07-10-2017 09:07 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  That is great news. Thanks for having made the first HP-91 emulator.

Bernhard

No worries, I hope someone finds it useful :-)

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)