Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
09-08-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
So what solution is feasible? improve the operating system, create another type of library?

new HP50 RPL
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2017, 03:47 PM
(09-08-2017 03:38 PM)compsystems Wrote:  So what solution is feasible?

We'll just need to talk to the GNU people and get them to re-license it as closed...

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2017, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 05:40 PM by salvomic.)
(08-02-2017 01:57 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Would the Fresnel functions S(x) and C(x) be a problem to implement? What about the elliptical integrals?

after some months... I vote also for Fresnel and Elliptical integrals, hoping their inclusion inside the CAS by default Smile

Waiting for them (please!), in the meantime, I would help proposing something, still rough, however...

Please, for Elliptical integrals, help me to developing a control detection for the program here in the Software section (my try for Fresnel is here, also help me for that one, thank you).

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU), HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 12C 15C - DM42 WP34s :: Prime Soft. Lib
01-21-2018, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 03:12 AM by compsystems.)
RE: Existing xCAS commands --> Prime discussion
new CAS commands until 2018 01 24

Quote:a. adjoint_matrix
b. bernoulli
c. blockmatrix
d. c1oc2
e. c1op2
f. changebase
g. colspace
h. count_eq
i. count_inf
j. count_sup
k. cycle2perm
l. cycleinv
m. cycles2permu
n. dfc
o. dfc2f
p. domain
q. evalb
r. groupermu
s. is_cycle
t. is_permu
u. lll_reduce
v. nop
w. p1oc2
x. p1op2
y. perminv
z. permu2cycles
A. permu2mat
B. permuorder
C. rowspace
D. simplex_reduce
E. tabvar
F. tcoeff
G. chisquaret
H. kolmogorovd
I. kolmogorovt
J. multinomial
K. randvector
L. wilcoxonp
M. wilcoxons
N. wilcoxont
M. insert

Some important command of Xcas that have not been incorporated on the hpprime until 2018 01 24 are: listToExpr and ExprToList.

Benefit for the current user:

1: As the symbolic calculation engine (xCAS) evaluates the expressions with logical connectors (and, or, etc) to true/false, a way that this does not happen, is using the listToExpr & ExprToList commands.

2: For educational purposes, the listToexpr command allows to see the output in a more explicit way, for the student who is not an expert in interpreting simplified or written outputs in a standard non-mathematical language.

Example

Hpprime and Xcas

(x=3) and (y=-1)
Returns:
False =(

Xcas using listToExpr and ExprToList cmds

solExpr1:=list2exp([[3,-1]],[x,y])
Returns: (x=3) and (y=-1)

exp2list(eval(solExpr1,1))
Returns: [[3,-1]] =)

list2exp([[3,-1]],[x,y])[1,1]
Returns: x=3

script about types of solutions in linear systems
[Image: systems_of_linear_equations_image00.png]

new HP50 RPL
01-21-2018, 07:46 PM
My Dad was an engineer and one of his adages, which I think was an engineering philosophy, was that the better is the enemy of the good. We can tinker forever but the longer you tinker the more apt you are to increase complexity and problems. In other words, at some point you say 'good enough' and implement.
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2018, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 03:13 AM by compsystems.)
nodisp cmd, although this is not a symbolic engine command, it would fall into the category of system command.

Example:
nodisp(A:=ranm(50,50))

Benefit for the current user:

1: Quick history exploration by not placing the object in the history, especially when working with large arrays.

----

A=B is converted into the list [A,B]

equal2list(x=3) returns {x,3}

new HP50 RPL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)