Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
08-07-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
(06-26-2017 06:40 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Finally, items that fail to pass the "only Joe is interested in it" test: :-P
Quote:dfc <----------- :-(
dfc2f <----------- :-(

Joe really likes him some continued fractions. Yessireee that man do like them. Smile

Me too! I would love to have this available on a calculator if for nothing else than have students experiment with it. I would certainly use it more than a lot of other commands. (What do the letters dfc stand for anyway?)

[I feel like Lot arguing with God: "What if there are only 10 righteous people who want this command?" "For the sake of 10 I will not destroy the command." Wink ]

Just a few days ago, a former student sent me a problem that involves a continued fraction of sorts and I haven't been able to figure it out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2017, 08:58 PM
(08-07-2017 08:28 PM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  [I feel like Lot arguing with God: "What if there are only 10 righteous people who want this command?" "For the sake of 10 I will not destroy the command." Wink ]

Well, 8 more to go if we use that example... Big Grin

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-19-2017, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 09:23 PM by compsystems.)
Without in the complete control of the flags (CAS settings) in the hp-prime, many algorithms fail, for this reason the following command is important

Please HPP-TEAM include in the next update, autosimplify()

[Image: solver_xcas_step_by_step_ex0_io_image01.png]

[Image: hp_prime_autosimplifyCmd_image00.png]

http://www.hpcalc.org 20 years online
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-27-2017, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 06:57 PM by compsystems.)
Another important cmd: DOMAIN, Incorporated in software Version: 2017 11 06 ( v12951 BETA) CAS Version: 1.4.9

[Image: xcas_domain_cmd_image00.png]

domain((1/(x+1)),x) -> x≠-1
domain(sqrt(x-2),x) -> x≥2
domain(ln(x-1),x) -> x>1

08-27-2017, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2017 04:25 PM by Anders.)
In CAS mode:
How about enable ∡ so it does polar arithmetic algebraically. e.g. 2∡(π/6) * 3∡(π/6) = 6∡(π/3), (2∡(π/6))^2 = 4∡(π/3) etc for at least +,-,*, / ^ .
Also, how about enable the ∡ button to shift what's in "Ans" between polar and rectangular/Cartesian form algebraically when pressed on it's own (like it does in Home view but in decimal form). e.g. with 4∡(π/3) in Ans pressing ∡ would show 2+2*√3*i pressing ∡ again would return to 4∡(π/3).

These functions are used a lot and this would cut out a lot of time wasted in typing the function names and converting between the two forms etc.
09-07-2017, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 04:05 PM by Helge Gabert.)
Tim,

You stated in your first post that syst2mat() seems a little esoteric, but a recent thread suggests that it could be useful

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8949.html

(see last comment by Bernard).

Thanks for your consideration.

And I could really use, in my daily work for small data sets, the Kolmogorov commands to assess normality. . .
09-08-2017, 09:57 AM
I can't see if this has already been mentioned, but is there any chance of higher-precision arithmetic? I know that Xcas can do this but maybe there are licensing issues with the code...

Nigel (UK)
09-08-2017, 02:53 PM
The code used for that is in xcas is LGPL based. Since the OS doesn't support linked library loading and we have no mechanism to handle replacement with a different version from the end user...

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-08-2017, 03:38 PM
So what solution is feasible? improve the operating system, create another type of library?

09-08-2017, 03:47 PM
(09-08-2017 03:38 PM)compsystems Wrote:  So what solution is feasible?

We'll just need to talk to the GNU people and get them to re-license it as closed...

TW

10-30-2017, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 05:40 PM by salvomic.)
(08-02-2017 01:57 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Would the Fresnel functions S(x) and C(x) be a problem to implement? What about the elliptical integrals?

after some months... I vote also for Fresnel and Elliptical integrals, hoping their inclusion inside the CAS by default Smile

Waiting for them (please!), in the meantime, I would help proposing something, still rough, however...

Please, for Elliptical integrals, help me to developing a control detection for the program here in the Software section (my try for Fresnel is here, also help me for that one, thank you).

Salvo

∫aL√0 (@salvomic, IT9CLU) - HP Prime, 50g, 12C :: HP Prime Software Library

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)