% Battery Available to Program?
06-12-2017, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 06:23 PM by toml_12953.)
% Battery Available to Program?
I'd like to see a function to make the % battery remaining (as shown in upper-right corner) available to a running program. The program could then issue warnings or whatever based on the estimated remaining charge.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: % Battery Available to Program?
I don't think that information is available. On a physical Prime it isn't that precise anyway, it goes from 100% straight down to 75%, then 50% etc.
06-12-2017, 06:48 PM
(06-12-2017 06:44 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  I don't think that information is available. On a physical Prime it isn't that precise anyway, it goes from 100% straight down to 75%, then 50% etc.

It must be somewhere in the calculator if it's displayed, no? Even an incremental estimate would be better than nothing.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-12-2017, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 08:12 PM by compsystems.)
I want the status of the battery and the clock indicator to be activated or deactivated by an flag or mode of configuration, as you can see in the following document that I am writing, the sequence of dates in the screenshots is not consecutive , (In some cases the first image is at a future date with respect to the second), this is due to the partial updating of the images

Maths with hp-prime SPN PDF
06-13-2017, 05:07 AM
Hello,

There is no programmatic way to do so, sorry.

Now, there IS a way to disable these display. We use it internally when we run the test system (a program designed to test the calculator and take 1000's of screen shots to make sure that all is OK)...

But it works through IO messages. Ie, you need to have the calculator connected to the dedicated program and it will turn OFF the display of the battery and time...

Of course, providing you with a way to do it on your side is quite hard... sorry about that.

In the meantime, my best advice is to override that part of the screen in paint with either a blank or a consistent time...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
06-27-2017, 03:58 AM
I found a way to get it from the display....see here....
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8565.html
06-28-2017, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2017 09:51 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Don't forget that if the battery status is painted over (either to turn it off as described above, or simply because your drawing needs all the pixels), then your reported battery status derived from those pixels may be misleading.

If the battery area/clock/angle mode have been painted over, what is the recommended way to restore them (with new values)?

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-28-2017, 11:00 PM
you'd have to get the system to redraw it. There is no interface to get the battery values....
07-01-2017, 11:48 PM
I finished my analysis of the battery status icon. I've created a new post with a table summary of the icon's behavior and my little app that returns the current status, extracted from the icon. I also took into account what the hardware returns according to the HP guys. Note that when it reaches 0, there are 2 possible messages depending on what you are doing, warning about the power running low (these are in english and self explanatory). After the popup messages, it takes a few minutes before the power then power's down and turns off the calculator. It will not power up again until plugged in for recharging. Here is a link to the latest research.
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8610.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)