WP34s alpha confusion
05-11-2017, 11:57 AM
WP34s alpha confusion
Hi,

I'm puzzled about alpha mode. I just took a blank (erased) WP34s emulator in and reproduced the same weird behaviour as on the real device:

1. Pick TVM from Lib and copy it to RAM.
2. Enter programming mode.
3. Scroll to step 6, "alpha'ver'".
4. Here we try to insert one more alpha by pressing f-ENTER. Now "INPUT" lights up, but no new step gets entered.
5a. We want to append "ABC" to alpha, so we press A, which now creates a new step "alpha A". Not quite what I expect.
5b. Instead, we press ENTER (just like in LBL entry), but that just cancels alpha mode.
5c. Strangely, even when we scroll up and down with the arrow keys instead of entering anything, INPUT remains active.

For the alternatives 5a/b/c, it is best to delete the program from RAM and start over from step 1.

What am I missing here? I expect f-ENTER to allow me to enter three characters, not this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: WP34s alpha confusion
(05-11-2017 11:57 AM)c785 Wrote:  What am I missing here? I expect f-ENTER to allow me to enter three characters, not this.

You have to press a second time f-ENTER to turn the alpha group on to enter up to 3 characters instead of a single one.
05-11-2017, 01:41 PM
RE: WP34s alpha confusion
Thanks! I have the impression that, before I started hacking TVM, a single f-ENTER got me into the three-character input mode, but I might be mistaken.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)