Unicode
05-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Unicode
I am starting to program some card games. (Thank you so much for CHAR()!) The I found the Unicode suits at 9824 (♣). But not the playing cards at 127002. Is there any way to find out just which Unicode symbols are used?

(You guys must be using a *lot* of memory for this!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2017, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 06:24 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Unicode
(05-09-2017 04:56 PM)KeithB Wrote:  I am starting to program some card games. (Thank you so much for CHAR()!) The I found the Unicode suits at 9824 (♣). But not the playing cards at 127002. Is there any way to find out just which Unicode symbols are used?

Take a look in the character browser to find specific ranges (no better way I think). The names of the ranges will appear in the "More" menu chooser. We only support up to FFFFh as max range, and that is not fully filled. Probably won't ever support anything higher, but characters under that max that are not there can be requested and are generally pretty easy to add.

The font is actually the same font used in android up until about ver 5/6 or so (Droid Sans is the name of the font).

Quote:(You guys must be using a *lot* of memory for this!)

You can see how much just by looking at the "PrimeSans.ttf" font in your emu/connkit dir - 4.5MB or so for the main ttf font. Display uses the Freetype2 engine which your smartphone is using (unless you run windows mobile).

The joys of multlingual... Smile

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-09-2017, 10:41 PM
RE: Unicode
I, for one, welcome our new Unicode overlords.

We needed some Russian script to mark on a part and I was trying to get it into AutoCAD. I fiddled with trying to determine whether the character on the paper matched the Unicode, until I had the bright idea to just copy and paste from the email. It worked!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)