Are HP 39gII programs HP Prime compatible
03-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Are HP 39gII programs HP Prime compatible
I'm enjoying my HP 39gII. Its programming language appears to be a subset of the Prime's. Is that true? Specifically, would programs I write be of any use to anyone besides other '39gII users?

I know that the Prime programs I've tried have not worked on the '39 but haven't delved into why yet. Obviously, without a CAS, color display, touch screen and so on there have to be differences. But before I delve into finding them myself I wondered if such information is available already.

*Many thanks* indeed to the intrepid developers at HP and the contributors in this forum!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: Are HP 39gII programs HP Prime compatible
I believe that the languages are similar, but that no special effort was made to make them completely compatible.

It would be interesting to dig into this and maybe create a guide to porting code between the machines.

Dave
03-04-2014, 09:08 PM
(03-04-2014 08:00 PM)Jim Horn Wrote:  I'm enjoying my HP 39gII. Its programming language appears to be a subset of the Prime's. Is that true?
HP 39GII language is an ancestor of Prime.
there are some little differences, but it is mainly the same language.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Programs that do not perform graphics (and do just number crunching) should be very compatible. Graphic program need some editing since the graphics range for X and Y coordinates in the Prime are larger.

Namir
03-06-2014, 01:02 AM
Thank you, David, Patrice and Namir!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)