Example of table?
04-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Example of table?
Sorry if I'm being dense but I'm trying to get an example of the table function. All the references I can find online just parrot the user guide. If I could understand the guide's definition, I wouldn't need to look it up on Google! What's the SeqEqual in the manual's definition of table? I can't find any other reference to it in the manual. Can someone give me a simple example of the use of table? TIA!

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: Example of table?
This is a CAS function. See this definition of table in xcas: 2.40 Table with string as index : table.

Note that on the Prime you cannot use the variable T as in the example as T is a predefined real variable. You can replace it with Tab for example.
04-14-2017, 07:06 PM
(04-14-2017 06:58 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  This is a CAS function. See this definition of table in xcas: 2.40 Table with string as index : table.

Note that on the Prime you cannot use the variable T as in the example as T is a predefined real variable. You can replace it with Tab for example.

Now THAT can be a useful function! Thanks for the info. It's simple once I can see an example.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-14-2017, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2017 07:33 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Just be aware that it may not function correctly, hasn't been tested at all, and I believe Bernard had recommended it be removed at one point (and may be so at some point).

I would NOT recommend using it at all.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-17-2017, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 01:59 PM by toml_12953.)
(04-14-2017 07:27 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Just be aware that it may not function correctly, hasn't been tested at all, and I believe Bernard had recommended it be removed at one point (and may be so at some point).

I would NOT recommend using it at all.

It figures! Just when I got to dreaming of all the great uses I'd have for the table command, you have to wake me up to a harsh reality. Instead of removing it, why not make it work correctly? Smile

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)