Contests / programming challenges section.
04-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Contests / programming challenges section.
I do not know if cemetech.net hosts THE forum for TI calculators (I saw at least another one around, like omnimanga or omnimaga) but, aside from the activity of that forum (it seems pretty lively), one section that I noticed is this:

https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=50

That's a pretty neat section with not so trivial challenges (aside the "create a game" ones that may be not so interesting). Now I don't mean to copy their challenges 1:1, although it won't be bad I suppose, but what about doing challenges here?

Even having "relaxed" contests without final rankings but just threads were people post their solutions. Including also programming challenges from HHC and other conferences (those, though, are usually small since they have to be solved at the conference).

I suppose would be a pretty useful section with a lot of (optimized) programming examples after some time.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: Contests / programming challenges section.
(04-04-2017 04:15 PM)pier4r Wrote:  ...what about doing challenges here?

Challenges have been going on here for > 20 years! There is no dedicated section, they are usually found within the Forum that machine/family is discussed. As a new member, you may not have noticed any recently, but there will be another soon...

Now here's a challenge: When was the first challenge here on MoHPC? (Hint: I have no idea at all, but even money it was from Valentin)

--Bob Prosperi
04-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Well that's great, a reason more to put a section for it. Otherwise one has to dig with google, at least that is what I think.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
04-04-2017, 07:12 PM
No more sections, please.

:)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2017, 07:18 PM
(04-04-2017 06:22 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Now here's a challenge: When was the first challenge here on MoHPC? (Hint: I have no idea at all, but even money it was from Valentin)

You'll find links to most of the challenges from Valentin here.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)