Public Beta Soon Availiable for iOS: 12C/15C/12CP
03-14-2017, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 06:25 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Public Beta Soon Availiable for iOS: 12C/15C/12CP
Hello,

[No more requests please for the moment to add to beta testing - these apps are done and being released soon]

After a long hiatus (and much flak at various HHC conferences), we have finally had time to revisit the 12C/15C/12CP apps in the google play store, and the iOS app store. We'd love to have interested people test them out and see if they are still working.

Note that the "blinking" problem is still there, but the 1st step before we can fix that is ensure that the transition from ios 4 and android 11 or so went smoothly!

If you desire to test one of these versions, please communicate to calcbeta@hp.com with your email ID, type of app store, and the apps you'd like to test. We can add you in and you should receive a notice for the app when available.

While you can post in forums such as this at your discretion, we ask that the primary way of reporting be to send reports to calcbeta@hp.com. Basically, the goal is avoid disruption or annoyance to other forum participants.

Thanks!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Public Beta Soon Availiable for Android/iOS: 12C/15C/12CP
E-mail sent!

Are there plans to do an HP-16C emulator? That device is a bit like the holy grail for programmers Smile
03-15-2017, 03:54 PM
I would guess not.

Also, for the number of people that have asked - there isn't any more information needed other then your email associated with the store account, or any confidentiality agreements or anything like that.

TW

03-16-2017, 08:04 AM
(03-15-2017 03:54 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I would guess not.

Might have to treat myself to a DM-16L in that case Smile
03-18-2017, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to verify, I've joined the group and got to the google play store.

The date on the app is June 2015, and the cost is $16.99.

Is this the correct app?

Thank you,
TomC

(03-14-2017 09:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Hello,

After a long hiatus (and much flak at various HHC conferences), we have finally had time to revisit the 12C/15C/12CP apps in the google play store, and the iOS app store. We'd love to have interested people test them out and see if they are still working.

Note that the "blinking" problem is still there, but the 1st step before we can fix that is ensure that the transition from ios 4 and android 11 or so went smoothly!

If you desire to test one of these versions, please communicate to calcbeta@hp.com with your email ID, type of app store, and the apps you'd like to test. We can add you in and you should receive a notice for the app when available.

While you can post in forums such as this at your discretion, we ask that the primary way of reporting be to send reports to calcbeta@hp.com. Basically, the goal is avoid disruption or annoyance to other forum participants.

Thanks!
03-22-2017, 01:31 AM
(03-16-2017 08:04 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 03:54 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I would guess not.

Might have to treat myself to a DM-16L in that case Smile

It shouldn't be too difficult the get the real thing. I found one in town last Sunday and went for it this afternoon. Virtually no use, complete with manual and slip case, except for the box, but I don't care about boxes. It cost about me about US$ 145, but the price in reais matches exactly what I paid for the HP-15C eight years ago. Not the shiny and glossy badge though (serial #2615A*****).
03-22-2017, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 02:06 AM by hth.)
(03-22-2017 01:31 AM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  
(03-16-2017 08:04 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  Might have to treat myself to a DM-16L in that case Smile

It shouldn't be too difficult the get the real thing. I found one in town last Sunday and went for it this afternoon. Virtually no use, complete with manual and slip case, except for the box, but I don't care about boxes. It cost about me about US$ 145, but the price in reais matches exactly what I paid for the HP-15C eight years ago. Not the shiny and glossy badge though (serial #2615A*****).

Reminds me when I got two HP-15Cs and two HP-16Cs (years back). They had originally belonged to a school. Hmm, they got two each of the high end Voyagers. I payed some $40 each for them if I recall it right (with slip cases, but no books or boxes). The funny thing was the condition, both HP-15Cs were severely scratched, really no good lookers at all, one missing the logo (both worked). The two HP-16Cs.... they were almost mint. LOL, I suspect they found the HP-15C a lot more useful at that school for sure.. Smile

Personally, I only use the HP-16C of the Voyager series.

Treat yourself with a genuine one, it should not be hard given some time and I suspect many of them are still in nice condition. They end up on a table, being used or not used much. I do not think people toss them around or abuse them.

Håkan
03-22-2017, 07:35 AM
(03-22-2017 02:05 AM)hth Wrote:  Treat yourself with a genuine one, it should not be hard given some time and I suspect many of them are still in nice condition. They end up on a table, being used or not used much. I do not think people toss them around or abuse them.

They're not that easy to find here in the UK. Besides, I've already ordered the DM-16L and it should be arriving in the post today.

Funnily enough, my teammate here at the office owns an HP-16C, which I didn't know. There's no way he'd be willing to part with it for anything less than stupid money!

The good thing is we'll have an original HP and a Swiss Micros side by side and therefore the ability to do some comparative testing.
05-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi Tym!, recently I bought the app "HP 12c Platinium" for my "iPhone 7 plus" and the resolution it´s too low for this dispositive. Can you help me please? because don´t work correctly in some function like the "Menu". The app cost US$16...!

Thanks!!

Julio
------------------------

Thanks!
05-25-2017, 08:06 AM

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

Do you mean that the 15C app will be updated in the near future? I already purchased the iOS app some years ago. Thanks.
05-25-2017, 08:22 PM
I cannot specifically say when exactly. I was only given permission to invite interested people to participate in a beta test of newer versions. Note that with the next iOS release, any older application that hasn't been built with 64 bit arm code will stop working.

So that is definitely a hard deadline that is approaching and we are aware of it.

TW

05-25-2017, 08:25 PM
This is excellent and exciting news since HP hasn't updated its iOS version of the 15C for quite some time.

Thanks
05-25-2017, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2017 10:14 AM by matthiaspaul.)
(03-14-2017 09:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  After a long hiatus (and much flak at various HHC conferences), we have finally had time to revisit the 12C/15C/12CP apps in the google play store, and the iOS app store. We'd love to have interested people test them out and see if they are still working.

Are these apps based on running the original Nut firmware in an emulator, or are they based on functional reimplementations? In the first case, here are a few collected threads discussing some of the open issues (just in case you missed one of them, though unlikely):

HP-15C:

CHS stack lift bug (and fix):
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=107829
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-5321.html

There were also patches to support more memory (up to ca. 230 registers or ca. 1600 program steps) which could be incorporated into an emulator as well. Ideally this would be made configurable in a user setting for maximum backward compatibility.
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...read=97204
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=211735
https://www.swissmicros.com/firmware/history.txt (mentions two bug fixes for extended memory patches - not sure if they applied to the Nut firmware image or the emulator)

HP-15c Limited Edition:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...?read=1089
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=199119
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=195008

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
06-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Hi,

Apple announced at WWDC 2017 that 32-bit apps will not launch on iOS 11 (https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/06/ios-11-32...re-64-bit/).

So the Hewlett Packard 12C Financial Calculator (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hewlett-...d503641946) and other HP calculators apps won't work on iOS 11.

Apple also announced last year, that intended to remove problematic and abandoned apps from the App Store (https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/01/app-store...-cleaning/).

Is there any scheduling when the HP 12C app and other HP calculators will receive an update?

Thanks
06-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Note that the 12C/15C apps are in the "testflight" status so those who requested to be added should be able to download. Please provide feedback regarding any issues you find. Thanks!

TW

06-21-2017, 01:57 AM
(06-13-2017 06:14 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Please provide feedback regarding any issues you find. Thanks!

I tried to provide feedback and the email bounced. Should I forward to calcbeta?
06-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Strange that it bounced. Yeah, please do use that other one.

TW

08-12-2017, 12:31 AM
Hi Tim,
I have sent a request email to calcbeta to test the 15C app....how can I download it?
Cheers,
Anthony
08-17-2017, 05:06 AM
Hello Tim,

I have also sent a request email to calcbeta to test the HP12C Platinum app.

I suppose not receiving an invitation email from the TestFlight for the past 3 months means I am illegible to apply I guess but pleaseSmile

Cheers!
08-18-2017, 05:22 AM
No, you aren't ineligible. Rather, we had a good collection for the first part, found some minor issues that are in the pipeline for correction, and when the next one is added sometime in the future we'll go back and add in anyone that has sent a message in the meantime.

TW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)