1.3.2 update in IOS
02-25-2017, 02:24 AM
1.3.2 update in IOS
With the new update the title is overlapped with the status of my Iphone 6s. In the previous version did not give this problem. With this update they solved the resettings.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: 1.3.2 update in IOS
This overlap problem does not occur in the English version, but I was eager to try the File Sharing to see if now I would be able to transfer files to the HP Prime properly as this did not seem to work before even though HP Prime was in the list under File Sharing. However I discovered that the HP Prime is no longer listed under File Sharing in this update.
02-25-2017, 03:49 PM
It does occur in my English version, on my iPhone 6.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2017, 04:15 PM
(02-25-2017 03:14 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  This overlap problem does not occur in the English version, but I was eager to try the File Sharing to see if now I would be able to transfer files to the HP Prime properly as this did not seem to work before even though HP Prime was in the list under File Sharing. However I discovered that the HP Prime is no longer listed under File Sharing in this update.

That is because I turned off the "file sharing" because it doesn't do anything and never did. Nor will I ever expect that to be supported. The supported way to exchange data is to use the connectivity kit.

I've not seen this overlap though. That is new and I will investigate.

To the original poster: which IOS version?

Also, what is meant by "the english version"?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-26-2017, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 04:41 PM by RobertM.)
(02-26-2017 04:15 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I've not seen this overlap though. That is new and I will investigate.

I'm not the original poster, but my iOS is 10.2.1, on iPhone 6, with Prime app 1.3.2.11455.

I think the "Enlgish version" reference is because the original poster appears to be using a non-english iOS (Spanish?), and then someone said that it didn't appear in the "English version", but it is happening on my English iOS version of the app.

Also, note that this happens when you have selected the "Hide Title Bar" setting.
02-26-2017, 07:38 PM
(02-26-2017 04:15 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 03:14 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  This overlap problem does not occur in the English version, but I was eager to try the File Sharing to see if now I would be able to transfer files to the HP Prime properly as this did not seem to work before even though HP Prime was in the list under File Sharing. However I discovered that the HP Prime is no longer listed under File Sharing in this update.

That is because I turned off the "file sharing" because it doesn't do anything and never did. Nor will I ever expect that to be supported. The supported way to exchange data is to use the connectivity kit.

I've not seen this overlap though. That is new and I will investigate.

Hi Tim

i really appreciate the Mac version, being a Mac user since 1982. I was delighted when Hp made a connectivity kit for the Mac. Now I seem to use the Mac with the HP Prime as opposed to the Windows version. I would have liked to use my iPhone6+ also but found that File Sharing did not work as you say. This is not all that important to extend this to the iPhone, ...its just convenience because its there. However, I was wondering how the ck works with iPhone, or were you thinking of the ck and Prime?

BM
02-26-2017, 11:32 PM
The connectivity kit allows you to connect your IOS app as well. You just need to select it from the "page 3" of your home settings. Provided your computer and phone are on the same network, and there are no firewall/blocking things happening, they normally can see each other right away.

Then you can just send and treat the phone like another calculator. (Note the "free" app has communication disabled)

TW

02-26-2017, 11:34 PM
(02-26-2017 04:37 PM)RobertM Wrote:  I'm not the original poster, but my iOS is 10.2.1, on iPhone 6, with Prime app 1.3.2.11455.

I think the "Enlgish version" reference is because the original poster appears to be using a non-english iOS (Spanish?), and then someone said that it didn't appear in the "English version", but it is happening on my English iOS version of the app.

Also, note that this happens when you have selected the "Hide Title Bar" setting.

Thanks for the details. It is possible a newer IOS no longer behaves the same with respect to the notification area. This definitely was working fine with some earlier iOS versions I know for certain.

TW

02-27-2017, 12:01 AM
(02-26-2017 11:34 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It is possible a newer IOS no longer behaves the same with respect to the notification area. This definitely was working fine with some earlier iOS versions I know for certain.

I believe iOS 10 did make some kind of a change in this area ... I remember reporting a bug to another iOS calculator (i41CX+) about some strange behavior with the notification area after iOS 10 (although not exactly the same, it did involve the iOS status bar overwriting something from the calculator in the same area). Don't know what he did, but he fixed it pretty quick.

Thanks for looking into this!
03-01-2017, 12:06 AM
(02-26-2017 11:32 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The connectivity kit allows you to connect your IOS app as well. You just need to select it from the "page 3" of your home settings. Provided your computer and phone are on the same network, and there are no firewall/blocking things happening, they normally can see each other right away.

Then you can just send and treat the phone like another calculator. (Note the "free" app has communication disabled)

Thanks for the tip, Tim. I opened Preferences in CK and entered my Network Name. On the iPhone, under Home/Settings, 4/4, I selected my Network and all is good.

Thanks

BM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)