Plotting a vector
01-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Plotting a vector
I am playing with the fft command, and would like to plot out a spectrum. The matrix editor, not being an app, has no plot command.

What is the easiest way to get my vector into an app to plot it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2017, 05:20 PM
RE: Plotting a vector
Keith,

I'm interested in the answer to this problem as well. I think you'll want to plot the length of the vector multiplied by the sine of the vector's phase angle.

FYI, there is a program already written for plotting fourier spectra in the HP Prime program forum. Here's the link: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4539.html

I won't pretend to understand how it works.

Brad
01-23-2017, 05:26 PM
I was really just looking for the general case of plotting all the elements of a vector. Granted, I can't think of any other reason to do that other than an FFT, but still.
01-24-2017, 02:26 AM
(01-23-2017 05:20 PM)Brad Barton Wrote:  Keith,

I'm interested in the answer to this problem as well. I think you'll want to plot the length of the vector multiplied by the sine of the vector's phase angle.

FYI, there is a program already written for plotting fourier spectra in the HP Prime program forum. Here's the link: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4539.html

I won't pretend to understand how it works.

Brad
It works by plotting a function at F0.
Spect() to plot the spectra.
eg. SIN(X) at F0 plotted within a range of period T=2*pi.
01-24-2017, 02:48 AM
toshk,

Thanks for the tutorial, but I can make the program work for me, since it is plainly documented in your post. What I was saying is that I once tried to understand how it works internally, but haven't learned enough about programming the Prime to decipher what the program is doing to produce the spectrum.

Kudos for a great little program. I just need to brush up a bit on the in's and out's of the Prime in order to produce something similar.

Brad
01-24-2017, 04:55 PM
I think a found a good way to plot a vector, and even do some other things to it.

If you go to the Statistics 1 Var App, in the numeric view hit "make" and you can put the matrix into the expression: M1[X]. You then set the start and stop to get all the elements - or just the ones you choose - of the vector.

You can then use the line plot to see all the elements and use the stats command to at least see the maximum and minimum values, even if you don't know where they are.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)