WTB (or trade) National Semi MM57126N Shift Register
01-18-2017, 05:27 PM
WTB (or trade) National Semi MM57126N Shift Register
I am looking for a MM57126N (IC from National in the 70s - 16x64 bit shift register (1,024 bits)) to repair a Sinclair Enterprise Programmable calc. It is an 8 pin DIP through-hole device.

This part was in the National "COPS" family (Controller Oriented Processor System). It appears to be the memory for the user programs - on my calc everything works correctly, including the user memories, but every program step shows "F 7F" and cannot be overwritten (I'm pretty sure the CPU is reading "1" back from the shift register all the time - I am going to get a 'scope on this shortly).

The MM57126N may have been used in other calcs or devices using the National COPS family (MM578x, MM579x, MM571xx etc.).

I have scoured the obsolete IC houses and parts are apparently in stock somewhere - but prices I've been offered range from $150 to $500 !!!! If I can't source one more economically I will try to emulate the part with more modern device(s) - but I'd rather keep this interesting machine "Stock"?!?

Thanks

Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: WTB (or trade) National Semi MM57126N Shift Register
A couple of suggestions for people to contact for a lead on your IC:
Joerg Woerner through his datamath.org site
Victor Toth at his rskey.org

I sent a note to Katie Wasserman and Tony Duell noting your Classified post too, to make sure they see it.

There are more here, but those four came to mind first as encyclopedic in their knowledge of parts & cross overs.

I think that vintagecalculatorsinc on ebay was and maybe still is selling off Guy Ball's thousands-o-calcs. He might have one that he's getting around to selling or even know an affordable parts source, but don't expect a deal.

Good luck. -db
01-18-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: WTB (or trade) National Semi MM57126N Shift Register
db - many thanks for the help and suggestions!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)