Wanted: mini data cassette for 82161A
01-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Wanted: mini data cassette for 82161A
LS,
I am looking for a mini data cassette to test my digital drive 82161A. I have only 1 cassette which is out of order... do you know where to get one, or is someone able to repair the old one?
Thanks in advance

Hesc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2017, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 09:49 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: Wanted: mini data cassette for 82161A
Usually it's the pressure pad in the cassette that deteriorates. I found some self-adhesive felt hearts at the craft store that are exactly half the thickness of the pressure pad. The cassette prys apart easily. Clean the residue off the spring, trim two pieces of the felt hearts to size, and laminate together. Just snap the cassette back together. One refurbed spring/pressure pad can be used to recover the data from multiple cassettes.

This works for recovering data or creating a test cassette, but virtually all tapes for the 82161 are old and unreliable and should not be used to store valuable data.

Dave
01-02-2017, 10:15 PM
RE: Wanted: mini data cassette for 82161A
Dear Dave,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I think the tape got broken at the beginning. I read the repair guidelines and am looking now for an audio tape repair set or tape.
Kind regards,
Hesc

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)