Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
12-21-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
Count me in for 1 set.

Thanks for doing this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Printed HP 50g User's Guide and Advanced User's Reference manuals - 3rd batch
(12-21-2016 01:40 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  
(12-20-2016 12:21 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  I may have missed it, but is there an "estimated price" (euros or pounds sterling) for the two 50g manuals, assuming you have at least 20 people place orders? Also, the two manuals may have some considerable weight for shipping to be considered. I'm very interested, but would like to know what ballpark price we're talking about when it comes to printing, packing and shipping to the U.S.

I did print my own copy of the users guide and used Richard Schwartz's method of binding using Aleene's Tacky Glue. It came out nicely, but I do prefer the spiral bound manuals and would prefer the two manual set.
~Jim~

From searching the past archives, it appears that the last time the two 50g manuals were printed, the cost was £16 plus shipping costs. Anyone recall the costs of shipping these two manuals from UK to the U.S.?
~ Jim ~

About £17 per two-volume set. Unfortunately the books are more than 1kg per set and to make matters worse there doesn't seem to be a way of combining two sets to reduce costs.

Last time I also had an economy option, which is about £11/set. This turned out to be a bit of pain as I can't pay for it via PayPal and need to manually do these orders separately. Also, the delivery time is 30-45+ days. I could perhaps do this again if there is demand for it.
12-22-2016, 05:02 AM
(12-21-2016 04:16 PM)dizzy Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 01:40 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  From searching the past archives, it appears that the last time the two 50g manuals were printed, the cost was £16 plus shipping costs. Anyone recall the costs of shipping these two manuals from UK to the U.S.?
~ Jim ~

About £17 per two-volume set. Unfortunately the books are more than 1kg per set and to make matters worse there doesn't seem to be a way of combining two sets to reduce costs.

Last time I also had an economy option, which is about £11/set. This turned out to be a bit of pain as I can't pay for it via PayPal and need to manually do these orders separately. Also, the delivery time is 30-45+ days. I could perhaps do this again if there is demand for it.

If prices remain the same, £16(printing) + £17(shipping) = £33 ≈ $40.80 USD.

If you can ship, via economy option at £11/set, I'd prefer this method. I'm not in a hurry to receive the two volume set and it would save about $7.

I'm in for these prices.......as long as this sounds like the "ballpark".
12-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Count me in for a complete set.
Juergen
12-23-2016, 02:31 PM
Me too!

John
12-23-2016, 05:44 PM
Dizzy: It appears as if there are 19-20 members who have expressed interest in receiving copies of the 50g manuals. Most, if not all, would like both the Users Guide and the Advanced Users Reference Manual.
The hpmuseum users I've tabulated are: xmehq, Etienne Victoria, tdh79, streigel, jwhsu, Anders, EmmanuelC, Dan B, philipbailey, jjohnson873, brrm, JuergenRo, John Keith, martin.pedersen, brickviking, djwesttexas, rrpalma, cutterjohn, psy48g.

The last six (6) members listed above expressed interest after the 2nd printing was sold out, so you may need to confirm that they are still interested. If hpmuseum member "Vtile" is interested, it would make 20 people interested in getting copies.
~ Jim J. ~
12-23-2016, 07:57 PM
(12-23-2016 05:44 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Dizzy: It appears as if there are 19-20 members who have expressed interest in receiving copies of the 50g manuals. Most, if not all, would like both the Users Guide and the Advanced Users Reference Manual.
The hpmuseum users I've tabulated are: xmehq, Etienne Victoria, tdh79, streigel, jwhsu, Anders, EmmanuelC, Dan B, philipbailey, jjohnson873, brrm, JuergenRo, John Keith, martin.pedersen, brickviking, djwesttexas, rrpalma, cutterjohn, psy48g.

The last six (6) members listed above expressed interest after the 2nd printing was sold out, so you may need to confirm that they are still interested. If hpmuseum member "Vtile" is interested, it would make 20 people interested in getting copies.
~ Jim J. ~

Excellent! Thanks Jim. I'd better get the payment page ready.
12-26-2016, 09:11 PM
(12-23-2016 05:44 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  ... it would make 20 people interested in getting copies.

... well, then I will be No. 21 being interested getting copies of both manuals
12-26-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm interested of both manuals, if the total costs stays about region of 30..50 € (£25..42) shipped to northeast corner of the EU.
12-27-2016, 01:47 AM
(12-23-2016 05:44 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Dizzy: It appears as if there are 19-20 members who have expressed interest in receiving copies of the 50g manuals. Most, if not all, would like both the Users Guide and the Advanced Users Reference Manual.

~ Jim J. ~

Jim - I tried to reply to your PM, but your inbox is full, apparently.
12-27-2016, 02:06 AM
(12-27-2016 01:47 AM)dizzy Wrote:  

~ Jim J. ~

Jim - I tried to reply to your PM, but your inbox is full, apparently.
I just cleaned it up. You may give it a few minutes for the system to realize I've deleted messages. Or you can just send me an email to jjohnson873@yahoo.com.
~ Jim ~
12-28-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm interested as well.

- Lonnie
12-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Dear Dizzy,

Thank you for your initiative.
I am also interested by a set of manual.
Best regards

J-Marc
12-28-2016, 06:32 PM

~ Jim J. ~

I do confirm that I am interested in a two-volume set.
12-29-2016, 01:28 AM
Might as well count me in.
12-30-2016, 06:36 AM
For the moment until I'm able to free up some cash for myself, I'd like to remove myself from that list, unfortunately. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards, Brickviking

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2016, 06:50 AM
I'm interested in both volumes, especially if the cheaper shipping is available.

Pauli
12-30-2016, 08:58 AM
(12-30-2016 06:50 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  I'm interested in both volumes, especially if the cheaper shipping is available.

Pauli

+1 Smile
01-01-2017, 09:27 PM
I'm interested in a set of each.
01-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Anything new on a payment page?

John

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)