New Version: 2016.12.08 1.3.1.11226 [UPDATED]
12-15-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: New Version: 2016.12.08 1.3.1.11226 [UPDATED]
(12-15-2016 06:45 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(12-15-2016 06:05 PM)Tinue Wrote:  The firmware itself is still missing, right? The Mac versions run fine, but they download the 20160829 firmware.

As quoted in the note, there is no plan to release a firmware at this time.

Hey Tim, thanks for the great update and beta testing in Connectivity Kit and Emulator.

I wish a new firmware version for the calculator can be released soon Smile Because we don't use the emulator in the exams Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Thanks very much, Tim, for updating the download pointers for the MacOS versions.

I've downloaded them, and I'm happy to report that I can now view my Content on my Mac correctly. Now, both the programs in my Prime, and also in my Content appear without errors (well, without any errors induced by the HP application - my own errors are probably still there...).

Thanks a million to HP for including the Mac as a viable platform for the Prime!

smp
12-15-2016, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 10:28 AM by ggauny@live.fr.)
Hi,
Without any problem, I have uploaded new version 11226 on my PC. Thanks for HP team developers but I see that the dimension on screen (middle size) of the emulated HP is smaller than in 11638 version ?
If I choose Big I see pixellisation.

Have a good night.

Gérard.
12-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Error when when I hide the bar

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-16-2016, 02:36 PM
It works fine. That was the shortest beta I've ever seen! I'm still disappointed that there's no ability to print or to change the font of the source window, though. Sad

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
12-16-2016, 02:56 PM
HOME settings page 2?
12-16-2016, 03:09 PM
Re: New Version: 2016.12.08 1.3.1.11226 [UPDATED]
Hello MoHPC Community and Carlos,

(12-14-2016 04:00 AM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  Problem hiding toolbar in virtual calculator

Same problem here (see attachment).
The different skin image seems to work though.

Best,
FDR

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-16-2016, 03:52 PM
I use the large skin on my Surface-Book, the same problem after Titlebar is reenabled, maximizing and restoring to original size helps.
Arno
12-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Thanks to Tim. Downloaded the connectivity kit and emulator for my MacBook Pro. Both seem to work fine so far. Able to download latest firmware available.
Phil Rosen
12-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Just downloaded yesterday the connectivity kit for MAC OS. It gave me a latest firmware update of 2016.08.29. I understand that today there is a new release 2016.12.08. When i tried to download this version, the connectivity kit said there was no update. Has this update been posted yet or is there a problem with my connectivity kit?
12-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Tim, thank you very very much for the porting that you have done to Apple OSX. I'm really grateful to you and your colleagues. Alex from Belgium.
12-17-2016, 09:44 PM
(12-17-2016 01:30 AM)philipsrosen Wrote:  When i tried to download this version, the connectivity kit said there was no update. Has this update been posted yet or is there a problem with my connectivity kit?

Hello
As said by Tim in the first mail of this thread, only Connectivity Kit and Emulator are subjects to update this time. No update for the calculator software.
Best regards.
12-18-2016, 06:08 AM
Updated Connectivity Kit successfully - however link to said connectivity now has no reference & directory named HP Connectivity Kit now void of content.

Was the update really successful?
12-19-2016, 03:05 AM
Dear Tim Wessman,

first of all my Great Thanks to All at HP Prime Development Team !

Being a Proud Owner of a HP Prime ( from the First Hardware Revision ) and Long Time user of the Emulator ( since the early Betas from day One ), I would like to notice some small flaws I have observed since installation of the New 2016.12.08 (11226) Windows Emulator version.

My first concern is about the [ Check for Update ] of the [ New ] version, which in my case ( Windows 7 Home SP1 64 Bits ) is consistently returning "Could not connect to update server (http://ftp.hp.com)" ( with http:// added by HPMuseum Forum Mechanism ) although inspecting through (SysInternals) [ TCPView ] effective [ https ] connections to [ g(H)t(RRRR).houston.hp.com ] or [ g(A)t(RRRR).austin.hp.com ] are effectively Established ( initiating at local port 1430 and increasing local port number each time an unsuccessful new Check for Update is issued ), with (H), (A) and (RRRR) denoting (Random) server (Numbers), generated each time Check for Update is invoked.

Its worth of mention that One [ Single ] time the Update "seemed" to Sucessfully Start ( with a Blue Progress Bar being presented ), but which just in the middle of the process simply [ Terminated ] with the abrubt [ Crash ] of Prime Emulator, with the traditional Windows Message Program Has Stopped!

I've however recorded the following line from TCPView ( before crash ):

Process PID Protocol LocalAddress LocalPort RemoteAddress RemotePort STATE

HPPrime.exe 1200 TCP win7home64 ms-sql-s g1t6351.austin.hp.com https SYN_SENT

which reflects the final state from the Single partly succesful connection,
which could be compared with further unsuccesful attempts like

HPPrime.exe 3640 TCP win7home64 1449 g1t6361.austin.hp.com https ESTABLISHED

where the LocalPort numbers keep increasing without a successful connection to MS-SQL-SERVER, but the connection stays in ESTABLISHED State for near one minute ( while the user do not Disclose the Update process by pressing the [ Not Now ] buttom ).

From my point of view, the Check for Update of the New 2016 12 08 Emulator may sometime works, but in a rather erratically pattern... which Simply did Not happen to all Previous Emulators, since I did indeed discovered the New update by simply Checking for a New one while using the Prior Sucessful Emulator version ( 2016 10 17 ), which for me is still the Most Stable release ( at least concerning Seek for Updates feature ).

I'm aware of your Warning at the very beginning of the Post stating:

" If your network blocks direct connection the direct link can be found at ... ",

but since actually [ No ] Internet or Network configuration [ Change ] was effectively performed ( on my Win7SP1x64 ) since or prior the installtion of the New emulator, and the Older Emulator was never Blocked, and all Windows Standard Firewall rules do still keep Allowing any connection to or from HP Prime, I simply give up trying to understand what might be happening at all ...

--- // ---

I will address a few more questions, the first one a simple Small "TYPO" were the small pop up Window [ TITLE ] when one selects Help / [ About HP Prime ] do indeed show the Correct information [ HP Prime Virtual Calculator ] in boldface [ Inside ] the small window, but with [ About HP "CONNECTIVITY KIT" ] presented as the small pop up [ TITLE ] ... ( enclosed "CAPITAL LETTERS" used just to POINT to the exact "TYPO" location ).

--- // ---

After installing the new virtual calc and Selected the [ Medium ] Skin ( under Windows 7 Home SP1 64 Bits ), the Curved [ empty ] space between the Calculator Bottom Edge and the Right Angled Window corner has changed from the traditional [ WHITE ] background from which I have always seen on all previous Emulator versions ( since day one ), to a now [ BLACK ] background in the curved empty Space between the Calculator Bottom edge and the Window corner.

After a few triggering with the Calculator / [ Hide Titlebar ] option and trying to [ Enlarge and Reduce ] ( by Mouse Dragging ) the Medium Skin window corners, I was unexpectedly presented Back with the Traditional bottom [ WHITE ] background empy Space between the curved Calc bottom and right cornered Window edge, which I opted to keep as it is, without any further Interface triggering ( or any other Skin size change ).

--- // ---

What I have personally "perceived" since the installation of the New ( Windows ) version of the emulator, is that its GUI probably may have been "revamped" from scratch, by the adoption of some [ New ] GUI Development Tool, due to some indescritible "subliminal" performance differences from the earlier versions, and the Enriched Icon based menu Options newly presented on the actual version.

--- // ---

Finally I would like to address the point of a [ Still Missing ] feature ( at least on the Emulator side ) of [ Saving ] / [ Restoring ] the Home and CAS [ History ] to an External Backup File ...

This feature would simply allow one to go forth ( or back ) between Emulator versions, at least Saving their History contents.

What would be desirable from the Emulator point of view, would be Complete Backup options, like Saving not just History contents, but Hole Memory, Installed Program Apps and Calculator State, allowing a Full Restore after some Suspension point.

Clearly there's still ample space in a "To Do" List so as to allow better and continued Improvement ! ( and "Evolution" ... )

Yours Sincerely, wishing a Very Nice work to ALL at HP Prime TEAM, and a Happy and Very Productive New Year !

Prof. Ricardo Duarte

PS: It may be sometimes interesting to "peek" at Erwin's Ried page [ HP Prime Calculator bugs and suggestions ] at

[ http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2eKfifdjarx ]

since a Lot of valuable user Improvement [ Suggestions ] ( and a few Bugs Not elsewhere reported ) have been collected from a very Long Time.
12-19-2016, 03:43 AM
Dear Tim,

what I address now ( apart from my previous post ), is the somewhat difficulty in Succesfully [ Manually ] Downloading files from [ HP Prime ] FTP [ Server ] ( at http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/ ), ( with http:// automatically introduced by HPMuseum Mechanism in place of ftp:// ) which I have been regularly experiencing from Prime FTP site since a few Previous releases ( like August and October ) through the newest December one.

From ( Last Release ) Updated Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, the downloads normally goes up to 80% and abruptly terminates without fully completing.

The most unexpected fact is that with Internet Explorer 11, All downloads do effectively Complete, with Full download of any of the available files.

I've been using Google DNS 8.8.8.8 ( and 8.8.4.4 ) on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with AVG Free Antivírus and a relatively slow 5 Mbps Internet connection, but which would suffice for the download of just hundred megabytes files like the ones from HP Prime FTP Server.

I guess somehow HP [ FTP ] server ( in General and not only from HP Prime Node ) may be sometimes overdemanded, producing erratic behavior sometimes.

Yours Sincerely,

with My Best Wishes to ALL at HP Prime TEAM once more,

Prof. Ricardo Duarte
12-19-2016, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2016 07:30 AM by StephanP.)
There may be something amiss with the file versions for each of the main executables.

The file ConnectivityKit.exe mentions file version 1.20.11226.0, which confuses SUMo (Software Updates Monitor) for it says that v1.30... is available.
The file HPPrime.exe does not contain a file version number, which is slightly less confusing to SUMo.
12-19-2016, 09:01 AM
(12-16-2016 01:02 AM)ROBERT Wrote:  Error when when I hide the bar
Yes, for me to. See the horizontal view:
[Image: snap_212.png]
This black strip appears on top and bottom

Leo

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2016, 01:06 AM
re:Mac CK, VC and printing.

If you want to print using the Mac CK, you can cut and paste into either Textedit or BBEdit with no need of HP Prime Language file as in Notepad++.

Bern.
12-20-2016, 03:24 PM
(12-19-2016 03:43 AM)profrd Wrote:  AVG Free Antivírus and a relatively slow 5 Mbps Internet connection, but which would suffice for the download of just hundred megabytes files like the ones from HP Prime FTP Server.

There is a 2 minute timeout enforced on the server. This would be expected then.

That is why we are switching to HTTP only for the auto-updater.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-20-2016, 04:47 PM
(12-19-2016 03:05 AM)profrd Wrote:  [ About HP "CONNECTIVITY KIT" ] presented as the small pop up [ TITLE ] ... (

Indeed. Looks like code sharing here missed one spot a tweak was needed. Thanks!

Quote:changed from the traditional [ WHITE ] background from which I have always seen on all previous Emulator versions ( since day one ), to a now [ BLACK ]

That is expected, as is how it changes. This is a side impact of the problem with hiding/removing the title bar. After spending a very long time trying to resolve that the decision was made to just release it since it really doesn't matter that much.

Quote: Finally I would like to address the point of a [ Still Missing ] feature ( at least on the Emulator side ) of [ Saving ] / [ Restoring ] the Home and CAS [ History ] to an External Backup File ...

Shift-Memory, tap "Backups". Tap "New". There you go.

Its been there for a while now.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)