HP12C Bond Duration
12-01-2016, 08:11 PM
HP12C Bond Duration
I am looking for a HP12C program for bond duration and convexity that will accomodate bonds with semi-annual coupons.

In a perfect world, the program would also calculate yield to maturity, so that instead of inputting YTM I could simply input price.

And in an even more perfect world, the program would calculate the number of coupon payments, so that I could simply input settlement data and maturity date.

Is there such a program out there? I have been using a program generously published by Tony Hutchins, but it uses annual coupons. For longer maturity bonds the duration result is close enough to actual, but for shorter maturity the difference between annual and semi annual becomes significant.

Thank you all very much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2016, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 01:06 AM by SlideRule.)
RE: HP12C Bond Duration
(12-01-2016 08:11 PM)John Liu Wrote:  I am looking for a HP12C program for bond duration and convexity that will accomodate bonds with semi-annual coupons ... Is there such a program out there?
The conversation on this previous POST may be of interest
17Bii - Bond Duration
or
Fixed-Income Securities, Lionel Martellini, Philippe Priaulet & St´ephane Priaulet, John Wiley & Sons ISBN 0-470-85277-1
Bond Math, DONALD J. SMITH, John Wiley & Sons ISBN 978-1-118-86632-0
however, my favorite (with Hp financial calculator examples) is
Mastering Financial Calculations, Robert Steiner, Prentice Hall ISBN 0 273 62587 X

Okay, maybe a teenie bit too eclectic, so..
HP 12C Bond Valuation - TVMCalcs
&
HP 12C Bond Yield Calculations - TVMCalcs

Until I can read up a little, it's a start.

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)