newRPL: design of soft menus
03-21-2017, 02:46 AM
RE: newRPL: design of soft menus
(03-20-2017 04:50 PM)Helix Wrote:  Since the beginning, i'm not comfortable with this dual menu interface. From time to time I tend to press a wrong key.

One reason is that I don't use newRPL very often. But I think that the bi-color scheme of the menu disturbs me. I have to think before pressing a key to avoid a mistake, and I find this is not natural. Of course, I can display only one menu if I don't like the dual menu interface, but it's a pity to miss this interesting feature.

Would it be possible to select the color of the menus by a flag? The second menu, with its white background and gray background for the first letter, looks good for my eyes, contrast setting and usual lighting conditions. I would like to see also the first menu like that.

If the color of each menu was user selectable, with two flags, then one could choose any of the following combinations: black/white, black/black, white/white, or white/black.

Yes, it's been on the bug tracker for a while, but it has relatively low priority so I don't know when it will be implemented. I haven't touched the code in over a month now because I'm overloaded at my real work. When I catch a break I'll implement those little features to reduce the "todo" list to a more reasonable size.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2017, 03:21 PM
I didn't know it was already on the bug tracker/ todo list, so I'm completely satisfied with that. I agree this is not a high priority feature.

Jean-Charles
03-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Off topic:

I just saw that hpgcc3 has a reworked website with the project of newRPL, I was updated up to hpgcc2. I mean, already having the possibility to run C on the hp50g is great, now even a better interpreter of RPL!

I know it changes a little, but Claudio, you did an amazing work, even more putting the code on well known repository sites (sourceforce & co)!

Wikis are great, Contribute :)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)