Coordinate transformation Geographic to Proyection
08-15-2016, 01:47 AM
Coordinate transformation Geographic to Proyection
¿ Does anyone knows how to convert Geographical Coordinates (lat and long.) to Gauss-Kruger projection or UTM, and vice versa ?. I would like to have a program to do that in my HP 35s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2016, 04:44 AM
RE: Coordinate transformation Geographic to Proyection
I know how to do lat/long to and from UTM. In December 2014, I wrote a Mathcad Prime 3.0 worksheet to perform these calculations and posted it on the PTC user forums. I included an Adobe Acrobat printout for people without Mathcad. Because Mathcad shows the actual equations (unlike a spreadsheet), you should be able to follow the procedures and create an RPN program. This Mathcad worksheet includes explanatory text throughout the calculations and a list of references.

I have attached a copy of the .zip file that contains both the Mathcad and Acrobat versions. You can also find the same thing here: https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/docs/DOC-6527

Good luck. Please let me know if you need help.

Fred

Attached File(s)
.zip  Lusk_LatLon-UTM Conversions.zip (Size: 305.34 KB / Downloads: 9)
08-15-2016, 11:01 PM
(08-15-2016 04:44 AM)Fred Lusk Wrote:  I know how to do lat/long to and from UTM. In December 2014, I wrote a Mathcad Prime 3.0 worksheet to perform these calculations and posted it on the PTC user forums. I included an Adobe Acrobat printout for people without Mathcad. Because Mathcad shows the actual equations (unlike a spreadsheet), you should be able to follow the procedures and create an RPN program. This Mathcad worksheet includes explanatory text throughout the calculations and a list of references.

I have attached a copy of the .zip file that contains both the Mathcad and Acrobat versions. You can also find the same thing here: https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/docs/DOC-6527

Good luck. Please let me know if you need help.

Fred
Dear Fred, TYVM for all the information. The PDF is just excellent.

I attach a file with numerical examples that fit the map projection system used in Argentina (see details and check the website to develop numerical examples)
I await your comments
Pedro

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Geographic Coordinates to Gauss Kruger&viceversa_examples.pdf (Size: 56.91 KB / Downloads: 21)
08-27-2016, 12:27 AM
Here is the code to do gauss kruger projection in python. It is reasonably well commented. Shouldn't be that difficult to program for HP calc.

gauss kruger
08-31-2016, 11:35 PM
(08-27-2016 12:27 AM)sumedho Wrote:  Here is the code to do gauss kruger projection in python. It is reasonably well commented. Shouldn't be that difficult to program for HP calc.

gauss kruger
Thank´s for information. Many things to comment, Argentine GK proyection system has some specifics and is very difficult for me understand phyton programming language. Do you know about a webpage that makes the process so I can try some examples?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)