WTB: Two HP-IL cables
07-29-2016, 03:59 PM
WTB: Two HP-IL cables
Hello,

I have two HP 71B calculators and as of today a HP 9114A disk drive. Both calculators have the HP-IL module which show up under the VER$ command (HPIL:1A).

I would very much love to get the calculators talking to the disk drive (I've just ordered a new battery for it) so I need two HP-IL cables to start with.

I'm in the UK (London) and have seen a few on ebay but I thought I would also ask on here. I may well attempt to make some cables (I've found some superb instructions to do so) but think it prudent to have known working ones in case any I make don't work.

thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: WTB: Two HP-IL cables
I might have some extra cables around somewhere, but it might be cheaper to wait and see if someone on your side of the pond has any.

As an apparent 71B aficionado you'll find a wealth of information in Sylvain Côté's 71B Compendium.

For the ultimate 71B accessory, consider putting you name down on the waiting list for a FRAM71B. Even though all 30 are spoken for, it's possible someone could change their mind.

Dave
07-31-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: WTB: Two HP-IL cables
Hi Dave,
thanks for the reply. I'll PM you re. the cables. I've been avidly digesting the wealth of info. on this site and elsewhere. FRAM71B sounds amazing and if I can get one (either from the latest build or the next one) then I will.
Simon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)