Old hbo Account
04-26-2016, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 04:41 PM by Howard Owen.)
Old hbo Account
Hi mods,

About a month ago I found I couldn't log in to my old account "hbo" with email "hbo@egbok.com". I created this account with my gmail address. I recently lost my cookies (and I wasn't even drinking) and had to login again. Automatically I tried my old username and discovered, again, that I couldn't log in. I went through the password retrieval process and did not get the reset mail when addressed to "hbo@egbok.com." I presume that means the account no longer exists. Could you please look into this for me? I understand I may have been aged out. I've been using this forum for many years (since 2003) so I'd like that identity back, since I've posted quite a bit of stuff under that handle. Ideally I'd like the "Howard Owen" posts to be merged with the old account name, but I realize that may be impossible.

Thanks for your help,

Howard

P.S. I notice that the banner says "Member since 2003" so there is some recognition of the old account's existence.
P.P.S. Dreamhost is having email problems so the password reset mail was delayed but I finally got it. I guess the only issue then is my "hbo" handle.

Regards,
Howard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Old hbo Account
I'm confused. I assume "this account" is the "Howard Owen" account which is described as new (I think) but was created in Dec 2013. The "old" account "hbo" Was created last month and the last visit date is last week. I'm not seeing anything about 2003 on either account.

Even if I look back at the old forum, I see posts made by "Howard Owen" with the registration date of 2005.

It looks like I can merge accounts (I haven’t tried yet). To do so, I would want PMs from both accounts and please make sure I know which account is to remain.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Sorry. I missed this reply. You'll receive a PM from both accounts shortly. I'd prefer the "Howard Owen" account to remain.

The earliest post I can find in the archives is this one from June, 2005. It looks like that's when I originally joined. It's not actually a concern now, but I wanted to let you know you apparently lost some information when you transitioned to the new forum.

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...read=75346

Thanks for your help and for all you do.

Regards,
Howard
07-16-2016, 02:43 PM
OK - Done.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Thanks again, Dave!

Regards,
Howard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)