W&W CURSOR magazines available
07-05-2016, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 11:00 AM by Jurgen Keller.)
W&W CURSOR magazines available
You probably all know the German company W&W Software Products GmbH who manufactured the amazing HP-41CY. For a while they also published their own magazine called CURSOR. Another HP fan has lent me some CURSOR issues for scanning. The work is now finished, and you may download it here (follow the link at the bottom of the page). Obviously these magazines are all in German, but there are some very cool devices pictured that might be also interesting for English speaking forum members.

From the editorial it's clear that issue 88/1 was the first one. However, I'm not sure if 89/2 was the last one. If anyone knows how many issues were published please let me know.

WARNING: the magazines look like a wish list for HP calculator enthusiasts and may trigger new desires ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: W&W CURSOR magazines available
Hello Jürgen,

(07-05-2016 10:51 AM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  Another HP fan has lent me some CURSOR issues for scanning.

Thank your you both for making it available in digital copy.

(07-05-2016 10:51 AM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  WARNING: the magazines look like a wish list for HP calculator enthusiasts and may trigger new desires ;-)

Yep! there are some items in these journals that I am still searching for ... Smile

Best regards,

Sylvain

PS: did you received the demo tape email ?
07-05-2016, 03:20 PM
(07-05-2016 10:51 AM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  ...
The work is now finished, and you may download it here (follow the link at the bottom of the page). ...

Jürgen,

thank you for your effort and for making this available!

I thought that "World Wide Professional Guide" was a sort of overstatement in these years, but when I look at the cover of issue 89/1 I see that it was indeed an understatement and should probably have read "Galaxy Wide Professional Guide"...

Martin
07-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Jürgen, Reading your site remembers me to take care of my neglected HP-67. Btw, I enjoy reading well written German Smile

Nice work !
07-05-2016, 04:53 PM
(07-05-2016 04:16 PM)Alejandro Paz(Germany) Wrote:  Jürgen, Reading your site remembers me to take care of my neglected HP-67.

Nice work !

Excellent contribution Juergen, many thanks for sharing it (somehow I missed it until today!_

(07-05-2016 04:16 PM)Alejandro Paz(Germany) Wrote:  Btw, I enjoy reading well written German Smile

That's why I don't write it and restrict myself to the spoken sort ;-)
07-05-2016, 05:01 PM
(07-05-2016 04:16 PM)Alejandro Paz(Germany) Wrote:  .. remembers me to take care of my neglected HP-67.

Yes, please take care of it, it's such a wonderful machine!
07-06-2016, 05:32 AM
Hi Jürgen

Thank you for this scans. I really like to read (and dream..) them on my tablet.

Best regards
Tobie

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)