More efficient way to store and input equations for course work and exams
02-09-2014, 02:04 AM
More efficient way to store and input equations for course work and exams
Hi,

Is it possible to improve upon my current method of storing and writing equations and expressions for use during an exam for use in the solver application. I also want to delete the old variables, so there are no conflicts.

I work with about 6-7 equations per topic, which i need to reuse often, especially during an exam, therefore i need to be able to store these equations for quick access.

Process:
  • Create a Note that lists all of the equations on a topic.
  • Go to Shift -> Mem to delete all variables and assignments that I will be using. (Not sure if this is necessary)
  • I copy and paste each equation that I need onto the stack
  • I then use the assignment operator := to assign them to E1, E2, E3... etc. I then use the Solver application
  • The solver app then asks me to create each variable if it is not defined.

While this works, it is cumbersome and takes some time to delete all the variables and assign each object. I was thinking that some sort of list i can copy and paste into the stack such as {E1:=a=b+c, E2:=c=d+e, E3:=e=f+g}...

To be honest, I use a great program called PEQUM for the HP 50G, though its not available for the prime Sad

Thank you,

Rich

Unnecessary but extra information...

I need to evaluate a variable numerically and often in terms of another variable with respect to all other equations. I need to be able to take the solutions to these in terms of a differential equation represented numerically and a general solution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: More efficient way to store and input equations for course work and exams
Hello,
While the process you describe is fine, why don't you:
- store your equation in solve (E1, E2,...) and then you
- save a copy of the solve application with a name that is convenient to you

This will avoid to copy and paste you EQs to the stack, save it in a E#. Most of the other things to do will remain the same like deleting your vars but in general it would save you some keystrokes...

Hope it helps,

Giancarlo
02-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi Giancarlo,

Thank you for the sound advice, concerning saving the solve application. It does indeed save every equation!! This is great, though, for all of my classes i will probably have like 10-12 of these solve apps. Grouping the equations by topic, then by course. A little messy but it works.

Rich
02-09-2014, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 07:19 PM by Rich.)
When trying to use a long variable name such as U_235 in the Solve Application under Numeric View, it doesn't show anything more than " ...: " This occurs when using 10+ variables that make the prime use two columns to view the variables.

Anyone know of a workaround for this?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)