HP-75C in Box, Plus PilBox
04-25-2016, 07:03 PM
HP-75C in Box, Plus PilBox
Any interest in an HP-75c? I've had it a while, thought I'd have time to explore the excellent BASIC and use the HP-IL interface, but really don't have time.

I have pretty much everything you'd get in the retail box:
- the 75c
- the leather case
- the mag strips and case
- the programming book
- charger
- the various keyboard overlays
- a rebuilt battery
- covers for all the cart slots
- original box and foam; box shows wear and has a tear on one side

I used the included HP-IL cable to build the PilBox, so technically that's included but it's not original.

I also have a custom build of the PilBox. I bought a PilBox programmed chip and made my own stripboard layout for it. You use it with a USB-TTL adapter and a free Windows program, which allows your computer to emulate all the peripheral functions. I built this mainly so I could use a terminal to write code, vs. the one line LCD display, as well as save files to a virtual floppy drive. The actual HP-IL accessories are crazy expensive.

The HP-75c is in nice condition. The LCD has no issues, nor does the keyboard. It seems the case is loose in the lower left corner. I see no evidence of drop or pry damage there, though.

I'm thinking $300 USD. eBay has a couple for around $199 but that's just the computer. What do you think? I'll post photos soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: HP-75C in Box, Plus PilBox
Well, one, without PilBox, was sold on eBay some hours ago for more than 1k US$
Look at http://www.ebay.com/itm/371611397797?ssP...1435.l2649

Lucky seller...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2016, 07:18 PM
(05-08-2016 06:54 PM)gferluga Wrote:  Well, one, without PilBox, was sold on eBay some hours ago for more than 1k US$
Look at http://www.ebay.com/itm/371611397797?ssP...1435.l2649

Lucky seller...

And we all know who the seller is... Wink

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
05-10-2016, 04:55 PM
OK wow... I better get some photos taken tonight. I'd be happy with less than that if I did not have to involve eBay.
05-14-2016, 02:33 PM
I have been searching for the HP-75 box for quite a while.

Is there a chance to buy just the box? $ 50 ?
The "rest" would still make an attractive set imho.
05-15-2016, 12:53 AM
(05-14-2016 02:33 PM)Michael Fehlhammer Wrote:  I have been searching for the HP-75 box for quite a while.

Is there a chance to buy just the box? $ 50 ?
The "rest" would still make an attractive set imho.

On my last urbex trip I found a very nice HP-15C box in a trashcan of an abandoned architecture office.
06-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Sorry to all who replied. I thought the system would send me an email when you replied to the thread but I guess not. I thought you all weren't interested, so the computer is now on ebay. Not sure I can post the link here, but there aren't many and you will find mine easily. Mine is the only one complete with box.

There is a low starting price so maybe you will get lucky. I hope it goes to someone who will use it and not just part it all out to put back on ebay.
06-27-2016, 04:56 PM
BTW this is what you want to use the PilBox I built: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6P-FTDI-FT232RL-...xycmBSs3lW

Seems like right now ebay only has the little FTDI boards with male pins, which isn't what you want, though if you have some basic soldering skills you could replace the pins on the board with a female header.

I will have to take a look a the board, but I think I may have wired it so it will get power from the FTDI adapter, in which case you don't need the external power adapter.

Anyhow, once the FTDI-USB adapter is attached, the PilBox software connects to the USB serial port created by the adapter, and you are ready to use the PilBox.

Whole reason for building it not buying was, at the time, a finished PilBox was over 100 euros and with the exchange rate, that was like $140 at the time. Probably cheaper now due to Brexit!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)