HP Prime Firmware Update Problem
07-28-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: HP Prime Firmware Update Problem
Hello,
I purchased a HP PRIME, firmware 2014 3 31 (6030) A, CAS version 1.1.0-46.
I dowloaded the HP Connectivity Kit, working properly between my pc and the HP Prime.
When i try to upgrade the HP Prime firmware, the answer is : no firmware upgrade available !
I try to write routines, programs for sea astronomical navigation purpose.
I noticed : in the Hms mode, the HP Prime refuses inputs minutes with decimal values.
I use the template key to input Hms values. Is it an other syntax, using the ° ' " by program?
I would like to find a detailed listing and/or manual with the syntax of the PPL Commands.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
DBV
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2016, 11:19 PM
Try the HP Prime tutorial thread. You may find what you need there:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-818.html

You are correct, the HP Prime does not accept non-integers for minute values. The only workaround is to input the time like this:

degrees + min/60 [ENTER] (angle is displayed in degrees)

Then [shift] (deg symbol ' "") to display angle in DMS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2016, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 12:42 AM by Neqsis.)
Hello,

I just bought the HP Prime today for college. I plugged it in, and updated through the connectivity kit. Now it won't get past the welcome screen. I cannot slide it open. Can anyone help me please?

I've tried everything in this thread.
08-08-2016, 02:59 AM
Hello,

When you "updated", it was actually a downgrade. That is why the connectivity kit did not prompt you to run the update automatically. It was simply downloading a firmware file to your computer. The older OS does not support the touch panel in your calculator (there are two different identical in spec touch panels from different vendors).

Send me a private message through the forum, or an email to calchelp at hp.com and I can give you the files that came on your unit. Then you'll run the update again, and it will be working for you once more.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)