HP-01 available
05-11-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: HP-01 available
You must have very good surgical abilities! Bravo.

[Image: batteries.gif~c200]

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 06:48 PM
(05-11-2016 04:48 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  You must have very good surgical abilities! Bravo.

Thank you. But my patient died under the surgery Sad , and not by accident. Smile

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2016, 07:15 PM
(05-11-2016 06:48 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 04:48 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  You must have very good surgical abilities! Bravo.

Thank you. But my patient died under the surgery :( , and not by accident. :)

Bernhard

Mmmmm...

Is this more appropriate then? :)

[Image: tumblr_mu6ahrJhp81r1ad86o6_r1_250.gif]

Greetings,
    Massimo

05-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Most impressive!!!

You really needed a basic wafer probe station like this one, but managed to get by with pogo pins and a cheap microscope. You saved about $15,000 US by not buying what you needed!

-katie

05-11-2016, 08:26 PM
(05-11-2016 07:15 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Mmmmm...

Is this more appropriate then? Smile

Damn, where did you get this movie from? I did never upload any pictures of me to the net! Now, my incognito existence is finally revealed. Wink

Bernhard

05-11-2016, 08:37 PM
(05-11-2016 07:55 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  Most impressive!!!

You really needed a basic wafer probe station like this one, but managed to get by with pogo pins and a cheap microscope. You saved about $15,000 US by not buying what you needed!

Thank you. A friend of mine is chip designer, so I knew about the prices. Even renting for one day is impossible to pay. I was asking him, because I wanted to know just for fun, whether there was a chance to reconnect bond wires. Of course they could do it, but way beyond for me.

Bernhard

05-12-2016, 03:04 AM
(05-11-2016 07:15 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 06:48 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Thank you. But my patient died under the surgery Sad , and not by accident. Smile

Bernhard

Mmmmm...

Is this more appropriate then? Smile

[Image: tumblr_mu6ahrJhp81r1ad86o6_r1_250.gif]

Ahh I think this Gene Wilder clip from the movie Frankenstein"
Well picked Massimo, and well done Bernhard for creating a frankenwatch
?
05-12-2016, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 08:03 AM by Denis CAMUS.)
Where were you when somebody helped the FBI to decipher an Iphone in San Bernardino?
In your passport, is there a visa for USA ? Smile
05-12-2016, 08:56 AM
(05-12-2016 08:00 AM)Denis CAMUS Wrote:  Where were you when somebody helped the FBI to decipher an Iphone in San Bernardino?
In your passport, is there a visa for USA ? Smile

I don't categorize the deciphering of an iPhone as a repair, and it is not an HP device, so this is not my job. But thank you for ranking my abilities in that category.

Its just hard work. And this work has paid off now:

The HP-01 original microcode is running on my emulator with all its functions!

Bernhard

05-13-2016, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2016 06:10 PM by PANAMATIK.)
The HP-01 ROM microcode is running now on the "new HP-01" prototype PCB, after having spent a lot of debugging hours since yesterday.

1.) Time and date and alarm time ad stopwatch can be read, written and displayed as known from the original watch.
2.) The calculator functions + - * / are working.
3.) Any other functions and key sequences described in the manual are behaving well. I think I tried them all.
4.) The buzzer rings when alarm time matches actual time, waking the processor from sleep mode. I tuned the buzzer sound with an original HP-01.
5.) Dynamic calculations are performed when the stopwatch is running.
6.) Percent function is working well. This function was missing completely in the published HP-01 prototype code from the 1977 US patent.
7.) I managed also to run the stopwatch in deep sleep mode. Although the RTC chip doesn't contain a stopwatch, nevertheless it supports the stopwatch by generating a precise 1024 Hz signal, which increments a counter in the sleeping PIC processor. You can run the stopwatch for hours and days without consuming battery power.

I will finish the new layout for the release version PCB this weekend and give it into production on tuesday.

Next week I will release two interesting products, which are closely related to the HP-01. Wait for a surprise. Smile

Bernhard

05-13-2016, 09:10 PM
This is very impressive again Bernhard!

Is the ACT identical to the woodstock one? Or did you have to write a new emulation for that act?

Will there be a version for your new act for the woodstock calculator?

I don't own an hp 01 and might well never own one... But I am courious about it and if available would like to flash one of my calculators.

How much would an HP 01 pcb cost if one wanted to build an HP01 replica?
05-14-2016, 03:06 AM
(05-13-2016 09:10 PM)Harald Wrote:  This is very impressive again Bernhard!

Is the ACT identical to the woodstock one? Or did you have to write a new emulation for that act?

Thank you!

The emulators of HP-01 and woodstock are different. Although the arithmetic instructions are based on the same scheme. A lot of instructions are unique because they control the time, date, alarm and stopwatch etc. And a significant part emulates the hardware, which is performing tasks when the processor is asleep. There is even a display formatting of clock and stopwatch data during sleep mode. (See the US patent)

(05-13-2016 09:10 PM)Harald Wrote:  Will there be a version for your new act for the woodstock calculator?

I don't own an hp 01 and might well never own one... But I am courious about it and if available would like to flash one of my calculators.

Now you revealed one of the announced surprises.

Yes, there will be an HP-01 newACT version for the woodstock calculators, which you can download from my website and program as usual with the update kit. The keyboard assignments are quite logical. Numbers, decimal point are the same, = is ENTER and so on. Although I don't have an overlay for it. Instead of ":" semicolon "-." will be displayed. There is even a GPS version, so the time will not be lost after switching off.

(05-13-2016 09:10 PM)Harald Wrote:  How much would an HP 01 pcb cost if one wanted to build an HP01 replica?

Not yet possible to answer this question.

Bernhard

05-15-2016, 03:09 PM
(05-14-2016 03:06 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Now you revealed one of the announced surprises.

Yes, there will be an HP-01 newACT version for the woodstock calculators, which you can download from my website and program as usual with the update kit.

Bernhard

Wow! I thought it was wishfull thinking, but asked anyway.
I am very much looking forward to this!

Thanks again for all the work you are putting into this project!

Harald
05-20-2016, 12:31 PM
(05-14-2016 03:06 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Yes, there will be an HP-01 newACT version for the woodstock calculators, which you can download from my website and program as usual with the update kit.

Bernhard

The HP-01 newACT version 1.00 is finally released.

See the description in this thread:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-244...l#pid56208

Bernhard

05-25-2016, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2016 09:40 AM by PANAMATIK.)
HP-01 emulator available!

The next surprise is revealed. I offer the only original HP-01 emulator for Windows. It is an application which can be placed on your desktop to show the actual time and date or to become your favourite everyday calculator.

The prototype version is for free! http://www.panamatik.de/HP01StainlessSteel.zip

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RV2x3N292cmk2RjA]

You can also order a personalized original version. See HP-01 Emulator

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RQnJwR0J2QXpfQjQ] [Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RZE9XZ2dYa0h5WGs]

It is written in C# for .NET 4.5 for Windows 7/8/10. If anybody has serious interest in a Linux Version, I will try to make one in the future.

Enjoy the HP-01!

Bernhard

05-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Is there also a 1:1 hardware (gold and steal for shure), where I can run the emulator Wink

Thanks a lot for this nice gimmick.
05-25-2016, 11:55 AM
(05-25-2016 11:41 AM)HP-Collection Wrote:  Is there also a 1:1 hardware (gold and steal for shure), where I can run the emulator Wink

Thanks a lot for this nice gimmick.

The making of a complete replica of the HP-01 watch including its case is beyond my abilities and needs a good watchmaker. Perhaps you have watchmakers in switzerland and you have contact to one of them. Let me know! But if you have the case already and a not working HP-01, you will have the chance to order the new HP-01 hardware in july, which runs the emulator.

I'm also planning to make a reprint of the owners manual!

Bernhard

05-25-2016, 02:30 PM
(05-25-2016 11:41 AM)HP-Collection Wrote:  Is there also a 1:1 hardware (gold and steal for shure), where I can run the emulator ;)

Yeah!
Let's all steal some gold! :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

05-25-2016, 04:59 PM
(05-25-2016 02:30 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(05-25-2016 11:41 AM)HP-Collection Wrote:  Is there also a 1:1 hardware (gold and steal for shure), where I can run the emulator Wink

Yeah!
Let's all steal some gold! Smile

In german "Stahl" is steel, but er "stahl" is also he "stole" something, so steal is not far away from steel. For schure!

Bernhard

05-25-2016, 05:10 PM
(05-25-2016 04:59 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(05-25-2016 02:30 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Yeah!
Let's all steal some gold! :)

In german "Stahl" is steel, but er "stahl" is also he "stole" something, so steal is not far away from steel. For schure!

Bernhard

I'd prefer stealing gold rather than steel, I'm stchure! :)

SCNR ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)