HP-65, HP-67, and HP-97 IOS emulator updates
02-22-2016, 01:43 PM
HP-65, HP-67, and HP-97 IOS emulator updates
I noticed yesterday that Willy Kuntz updated his iPhone emulators for the HP-65, HP-67, and HP-97. The common update for all three emulators is the ability to download application pac programs to your iPad directly or via email, and without having to use iTunes. It took some doing to get the hang of the direct download. You must creates a new blank Program mag card before you can save the downloaded program to that card. Once you do, the mag card manager places that card in the associated application pac.

It is a welcome change!

Thanks Willy!!!

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: HP-65, HP-67, and HP-97 IOS emulator updates
(02-22-2016 01:43 PM)Namir Wrote:  I noticed yesterday that Willy Kuntz updated his iPhone emulators for the HP-65, HP-67, and HP-97. The common update for all three emulators is the ability to download application pac programs to your iPad directly or via email, and without having to use iTunes. It took some doing to get the hang of the direct download. You must creates a new blank Program mag card before you can save the downloaded program to that card. Once you do, the mag card manager places that card in the associated application pac.

It is a welcome change!

Thanks Willy!!!

Namir

Thanks for the information. I bought the HP97 last Friday and this will be helpful.
02-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Also with the same updates comes the ability to share programs via Dropbox, which I particular like as I don't have to fire up iTunes to sync on a clunky laptop. When Cuvée came out with two Spice emulators for HP-32E and HP-38C for iPhone, they came with these new sharing options. By the way, the HP-32E emulator adds programmability (99 steps) like the HP-38C.

I'm really impressed with the new offerings & updates.

Regards,
Bob
02-22-2016, 11:45 PM
(02-22-2016 08:13 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Also with the same updates comes the ability to share programs via Dropbox, which I particular like as I don't have to fire up iTunes to sync on a clunky laptop. When Cuvée came out with two Spice emulators for HP-32E and HP-38C for iPhone, they came with these new sharing options. By the way, the HP-32E emulator adds programmability (99 steps) like the HP-38C.

Thanks Bob for mentioning the new HP-32E and HP-38C emulators for the iPhone. I went ahead and bought them. Why make a "programmable" (hyper) HP-32E instead emulating the HP-33C???

Namir
02-23-2016, 03:03 AM
Namir, Hopefully Willy will see this and respond. I only know that the 32E has a much richer set of functions than the 33E/C.

I'm really delighted to see the Spice Series get a couple of photorealistic emulators for iOS.

Regards,
Bob
02-23-2016, 08:39 PM
(02-22-2016 01:43 PM)Namir Wrote:  I noticed yesterday that Willy Kuntz updated his iPhone emulators for the HP-65, HP-67, and HP-97. The common update for all three emulators is the ability to download application pac programs to your iPad directly or via email, and without having to use iTunes. It took some doing to get the hang of the direct download. You must creates a new blank Program mag card before you can save the downloaded program to that card. Once you do, the mag card manager places that card in the associated application pac.

It is a welcome change!

Thanks Willy!!!

Namir

You're welcome. You know, having to have a card at hand before you can store a program on it may seem strange these days, but that's the way you worked with a real HP-67 back then ... ;-)
02-23-2016, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 09:41 AM by Willy R. Kunz.)
(02-22-2016 11:45 PM)Namir Wrote:  
(02-22-2016 08:13 PM)bshoring Wrote:  Also with the same updates comes the ability to share programs via Dropbox, which I particular like as I don't have to fire up iTunes to sync on a clunky laptop. When Cuvée came out with two Spice emulators for HP-32E and HP-38C for iPhone, they came with these new sharing options. By the way, the HP-32E emulator adds programmability (99 steps) like the HP-38C.

Thanks Bob for mentioning the new HP-32E and HP-38C emulators for the iPhone. I went ahead and bought them. Why make a "programmable" (hyper) HP-32E instead emulating the HP-33C???

Namir

Simple answer: I never planned to simulate the HP-32E. But then, while working on RPN-38 CX, a customer missing sorely his just-broken HP-32E asked about a simulator. I saw that it was easy to do, almost a side-product of RPN-38 CX. It was also less of a hassle to leave programmability in than taking it out. So there you are.
02-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Thank you Willy for the explanation.

Namir

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)