Missing internal 41CX ROMs
01-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Missing internal 41CX ROMs
As many of you know, the 41CX incorporates internally the functions previously available in the Time and Extended Functions modules. Even though these functions are internal, they are still stored as ROM modules in the 41CX's memory (at 3000h for XF and 5000h for Time). The 41CX also adds new functions: 5 to the Time ROM and 14 to the XF ROM. However, I am unable to find these internal ROM images anywhere, nor am I able to find VASM listings. Does anyone have this information? VASM listings would be the most useful as I can probably dump the memory via PIL Box or NoV64.

One other question, is there PC software that reads ROM images and displays the FAT, similar to Warren's utility that does the same for MOD files? As it is, I've been converting ROM to MOD first and then using the utility.

Thanks for your help.

David Brunell
Houston, Texas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: Missing internal 41CX ROMs
(01-12-2016 08:01 PM)quantalume Wrote:  One other question, is there PC software that reads ROM images and displays the FAT, similar to Warren's utility that does the same for MOD files? As it is, I've been converting ROM to MOD first and then using the utility.
Thanks for your help.

I use the MLDL2k Manager for that any many more things related to the subject' it's a great software and does not require the MLDL2k hardware to be present.
01-12-2016, 08:42 PM
(01-12-2016 08:16 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  I use the MLDL2k Manager for that any many more things related to the subject' it's a great software and does not require the MLDL2k hardware to be present.

Thanks for that! I had no idea it was such a useful tool on its own, including a disassembler with external entry point labels. Life is good. Smile

David Brunell
Houston, Texas
01-13-2016, 01:25 AM
(01-12-2016 08:01 PM)quantalume Wrote:  However, I am unable to find these internal ROM images anywhere, nor am I able to find VASM listings. Does anyone have this information? VASM listings would be the most useful as I can probably dump the memory via PIL Box or NoV64.

No VASM for them that I'm aware, but the images are easily available from V41, check the NUT-CX.MOD file that has them all in.
01-13-2016, 05:10 PM
(01-13-2016 01:25 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  No VASM for them that I'm aware, but the images are easily available from V41, check the NUT-CX.MOD file that has them all in.

Yes, thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I see that nonpareil has the full internal ROM set too.

David Brunell
Houston, Texas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)