Two bugs
01-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Two bugs
I just noticed two new bugs (well, one is more like a "request").

1) In the Advanced Graphics app, start from scratch (i.e. after an app reset, with the equations list empty)
Tap the entry line for one of the equations, i.e. V3
Press Sin or Cos: on the entry line, instead of entering 'SIN()' or 'COS()', it enters 'SIN' or 'COS'. You have to manually add the (), or delete it and press SIN/COS again, because after the first time, the brackets are added.
This is an inconsistency IMO: either always add the brackets, or never add them.

2) The second one is in the Programs screen. Pressing Shift-1 opens the program selection screen. Tapping one of the programs, automatically goes into EDIT mode. I think it would be better if one tap selected it, so that then one can choose whether to EDIT or RUN the program using a soft key. As it is now, the only way to run a program that isn't first on the list, is to navigate to it with the cursors.
A minor thing but I'd like to see it added.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: Two bugs
(01-27-2014 12:58 PM)Cristian Arezzini Wrote:  I just noticed two new bugs (well, one is more like a "request").

1) In the Advanced Graphics app, start from scratch (i.e. after an app reset, with the equations list empty)
Tap the entry line for one of the equations, i.e. V3
Press Sin or Cos: on the entry line, instead of entering 'SIN()' or 'COS()', it enters 'SIN' or 'COS'. You have to manually add the (), or delete it and press SIN/COS again, because after the first time, the brackets are added.
This is an inconsistency IMO: either always add the brackets, or never add them.

Out of curiosity, are you in RPN mode?

Quote:2) The second one is in the Programs screen. Pressing Shift-1 opens the program selection screen. Tapping one of the programs, automatically goes into EDIT mode. I think it would be better if one tap selected it, so that then one can choose whether to EDIT or RUN the program using a soft key. As it is now, the only way to run a program that isn't first on the list, is to navigate to it with the cursors.
A minor thing but I'd like to see it added.

I agree; not sure I'd label that as a bug, but it would be nicer to have the first tap select a program if it is not already selected. Then a tap on a selected program should edit it. I don't know how many times I have lost data in a program that I am debugging by accidentally tapping the program and having it go into the editor and resetting all variables.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
01-27-2014, 02:52 PM
(01-27-2014 02:44 PM)Han Wrote:  I agree; not sure I'd label that as a bug, but it would be nicer to have the first tap select a program if it is not already selected. Then a tap on a selected program should edit it. I don't know how many times I have lost data in a program that I am debugging by accidentally tapping the program and having it go into the editor and resetting all variables.

I don't think that new behavior is consistent with the calculator. I would prefer tap-hold to select. And the editor should not do anything if the code was not changed (avoid unnecessary "compilations") ... and an UNDO/REDO manager Big Grin for the editor

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Quote:Out of curiosity, are you in RPN mode?
Yes! Smile

About consistency: while in Home mode, if you tap on a line of the stack, that line is simply selected, nothing more. Then you can delete it or anything else. But an action on first tap is wrong IMO (unless that action is the only possible action).

Cristian

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)