Bug in forum software
01-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Bug in forum software
When I look at "Prime Sodtware Library" sorted by "Last Post" and "Descending"
When I press "Next" to see second page, "Descending" is lost.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2014, 04:03 AM
RE: Bug in forum software
I've reported this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Hi Dave,
The problem is still there.
no answer ?

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
09-02-2014, 08:56 AM
The whole software library subforum is concerned by the (initially) missing asc/desc link, probably causing this bug, which *might* be just a matter of configuring it.

Dave?
09-02-2014, 11:11 AM
(09-02-2014 08:56 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  which *might* be just a matter of configuring it.

Dave?
Is it possible to misconfigure it to such extend ?

Patrice
09-02-2014, 12:08 PM
(09-02-2014 11:11 AM)patrice Wrote:  Is it possible to misconfigure it to such extend ?
I'd conclude exactly that due to the fact that just one section has this problem. Of course, I might be completely wrong.
09-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Two Things;

Dave is real busy right now. It's that pesky overtime part of the "make a living" thing that we all have to contend with.

I think he made the first fourm himself, but this one is an off-the-shelf one from others. He's trying to leave it stock, with standard options and user defined preferences. He doesn't want to re-write it himself, although people pay him to do that kind of work. You might send him a short PM so it's on top of his pile when he gets free(r). The writers may have already offered a fix a month ago, but if so he may have chosen food, doing laundry or sleep over wrestling with the system right now.

Thanks for finding the bug.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)