Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG.
12-18-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG.
(12-10-2015 06:25 PM)fhub Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 05:43 PM)fhub Wrote:  I remember that long time ago a member here mentioned, that NEXTP (which is still in my original version in the WP34s library) would be MUCH slower (on a real calc) than simply using INC, so I've changed this for the current version.
It's strange that you state it would be faster!?

Ok, I've now checked both versions with the emulator, I've used the biggest 12-digit primenumber 999999999989:
the new version (with INC X, EVEN?, INC X) needs about 5 secs and the old version (with NEXTP) needs about 50 secs, i.e. it is 10-times slower!
(I don't think this would be much different on a real WP34s)

Franz

Hallo Franz,

I was no knowing that you is autor of PF in libruary WP34s. I congratulate you because you are very cute. I am a bit tired but have you modified the PF program in the libruary ? You say velocity 10 best, well You know, now I have the real HP cable for WP34s, but I am afraid to use it because I no read good english in manual to do how to do. I vill wait to learn with Wife to know what to do.

I welcome you for Chrismas !

Gérard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: Prime Factors in the ALPHA REG.
Hi friends,

So I see it is not possible to have what I would like, I me remember of a program of Jean-Marc Baillard which give the result with HP41.
At each iteration the alpha register showed the result I would like.
I shall try to find to have result I would like to have, not sur I shall find.

BTW I present my Wife at Epiphanie some years ago, Her was not my queen but as always my Princess. Of course Her is old but I thing Her is very always beautifull,
bad character but ...

Gérard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)