ENG button in Casio calculator
01-07-2018, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018 02:05 PM by salvomic.)
RE: ENG button in Casio calculator
(01-07-2018 01:49 AM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  Hi Salvo

I am interested in this program, but I noticed that in the program KEY K_1() the latest Firmware has added new options in the Number Format: section and it seems that now 0=System, 1=Standard, 2=Fixed, 3= Scientific, 4=Engineering, 5=Floating, and 6=Rounded. Just wondering if that would affect the KEY K_1() part of the program in Post 19 (bottom).

Also it would help to have an example as to how to run the program to achieve the proper result. It may prompt more users to download and use it.

Thanks Bernard

hi Bernard,
I'm trying now in beta v3 and it works: with Key 1 I can switch between Standard and Engineering format (all number converted in Home into powers of 3).
I think that still we have:
0 Standard, 1 Fixed, 2 Scientific, 3 Engineering, 4 Floating, 6 Rounded, as we can see in Shift-Home (Settings).
Other people in the Forum could explain how System / Standard are intended (as precedence and number, I mean)...

Examples
See the attached image for info.
Let's you input 0.0000356
User / (÷) you get ENGB(Ans) -> 35.6E-6
User x you get ENGA(Ans) -> 0.0356E-3
ENGA goes left, ENGB goes right in the powers list...
User - you get my "prefix" extension to the original program of cclinus, so you get "0.0356 m" (that as I used it after the two other commands, if you use it as first command you get a number >0 as normal). "m" means "milli-" (1E-3)
User + you get EXPR(renege(Ans) -> 0.0000356, that's the original numbers.
This works both from the ENG expressions and from the prefix one
Then I put in the screenshot another example:
input 1.12233E-8 (actually 11.2233E-9, but it's the same)
prefix(Ans) returns "11.2233 n" that means "nano-" (1E-9)

I hope this help Smile
ciao!
Salvo

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Bonjour
Ce programme est vraiment très bien félicitations aux auteurs.
Peut-être ne le savais vous pas mais le HPPPL permet d'utiliser beaucoup d'autres caractères que les lettres pour nommer des fonctions;
ainsi :
en utilisant les caractères de code 8592 et 8594
Les fonctions deviennent :
ENG→ , ENG←, →PREFX et →ENG
qu'en pensez-vous ?
Petite suggestion si vous permettez :
pour avoir les fonctions : 1:PREFX→ et 2:PREFX← :
il suffit d 'appeler
1: →ENG, ENG→ et →PREFX
2: →ENG,ENG← et →PREFX.

Hello
This program is really very much congratulations to the authors.
Maybe you did not know it but the HPPPL allows you to use many other characters than letters to name functions;
so :
using the 8592 and 8594 code characters
The functions become:
ENG→, ENG←, →PREFX and →ENG
What do you think ?
Suggestion if you allow:
to have the functions: 1: PREFX→ and 2: PREFX←: just call
1: →ENG, ENG→ and →PREFX
2: →ENG, ENG← and →PREFX.

Sorry for my english
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2018, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018 02:09 PM by salvomic.)
(01-07-2018 12:35 PM)Tyann Wrote:  Bonjour
Ce programme est vraiment très bien félicitations aux auteurs.
Peut-être ne le savais vous pas mais le HPPPL permet d'utiliser beaucoup d'autres caractères que les lettres pour nommer des fonctions;
ainsi :
en utilisant les caractères de code 8592 et 8594
Les fonctions deviennent :
ENG→ , ENG←, →PREFX et →ENG
qu'en pensez-vous ?
Merci mon ami, cette chose pourrait être faite, il suffirait de renommer les fonctions, tant dans le programme principal que dans l'affectation des touches.
Dès que j'ai le temps je vais essayer.

Thank you, my friend. This could be done, it takes only to rename the functions, both into the principal program than in the other that redefines the keys.
I'll try it as soon as I have spare time.
I like the idea to use ENG→ , ENG← ..., however, if I'm not in error, the → char at the beginning, has, with the present OS, problems to list in Catalog (for that reason they changed the name to →QPI), but I'll investigate about it.

Merci! Nice idea. I'm sure that also cclinus could agree.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
01-07-2018, 03:51 PM
(01-07-2018 12:35 PM)Tyann Wrote:  using the 8592 and 8594 code characters
The functions become:
ENG→, ENG←, →PREFX and →ENG
What do you think ?

Nice idea, but it doesn't work in CAS mode, only in Home. In CAS the → character is not considered to be part of the function name.
01-07-2018, 04:03 PM
(01-07-2018 03:51 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Nice idea, but it doesn't work in CAS mode, only in Home. In CAS the → character is not considered to be part of the function name.

and that would be a big issue...

01-07-2018, 05:18 PM
(01-07-2018 04:03 PM)salvomic Wrote:  
(01-07-2018 03:51 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Nice idea, but it doesn't work in CAS mode, only in Home. In CAS the → character is not considered to be part of the function name.

and that would be a big issue...

Désolé, mais comme je n'utilise presque jamais le mode CAS, j'oublie souvent cet aspect
des choses.
Cependant c'est bien le caractère 8594 qui semble poser problème, avec le caractère 10141 qui représente une flèche à peine plus épaisse, cela fonctionne dans CAS.

Sorry, but since I almost never use CAS, I often forget this aspect
things.
However it is the character 8594 which seems to be problematic, with the character 10141 which represents a barely thicker arrow, it works in CAS.

Sorry for my english
01-07-2018, 09:24 PM
Hi Salvo Thank you so much for all your efforts and 'cclinus' in this program(Eng). It works great like the other members have said. I just want to mention though that on my calculator since version 2017 0710 to Beta v3, when I type on the command line in Home HFormat:=3 then check with "Shift Symb" it does not change to Engineering. However when I type AFormat:=3 followed by "Shift Symb" the mode becomes 'Scientific". If I type AFormat:=4, the mode does become "Engineering" and with AFormat:=0 the mode changes to System, not Standard and that behave in the same way within a program. Check ACBasicE.hpprgm on page 1. I do not understand why the difference between HFormat and AFormat. Is it something which is inherent in the calculator itself? I also made a program called "EngSci" (simpler code but with colourfull graphic)which I will post soon(still working on it), but my programming skill does not approach yours I can humbly say. I have a lot to learn and at 74 the learning curve is a bit blurry, but I enjoy it. I always check your posts and have learned much from them.

Thanks so much.

Bernard
01-07-2018, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018 09:55 PM by salvomic.)
(01-07-2018 09:24 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  Hi Salvo Thank you so much for all your efforts and 'cclinus' in this program(Eng). It works great like the other members have said. I just want to mention though that on my calculator since version 2017 0710 to Beta v3, when I type on the command line in Home HFormat:=3 then check with "Shift Symb" it does not change to Engineering. However when I type AFormat:=3 followed by "Shift Symb" the mode becomes 'Scientific". ...

hi Bernard, I'm using beta 2017 12 11 (13217), but for ENG format I'm not using AFormat or HFormat, simply I use our program manually (with User defined keys) or going in Home Settings and change the format there...
Other people in the Forum sure will be so kind to explain the difference between AFormat and HFormat.
I don't remember just now their differences...
The key definition (1) should manage those differences, to avoid to stop functioning in a next version of the OS.

Salvo

EDIT:
the simple code:
Code:
KEY K_1()
// use Shift Help 1
// HFormat: 0 standard, 1 fixed, 2 scientific, 3 engineering
// 4 floating, 5 rounded
BEGIN
 if HFormat == 0 then
  HFormat:=3;
 else
  HFormat:=0;
 end;
 return "";
END;
seems to work well both in CAS and in Home, but, as you said, apparently it should *not* work for the change in the format numeration...
I don't know why, sorry... Anyway, it works and better so ;-)

01-08-2018, 01:48 AM
Hi Salvo I found this in a Manual called hpPrime2Manual.pdf

AFormat Defines the number display format used for number
display in the Home view and to label axes in the Plot
view.
From Symbolic setup, choose Standard, Fixed,
Scientific, or Engineering in the Number Format
field.
In a program, store the constant number into the variable
AFormat.
0 System
1 Standard
2 Fixed
3 Scientific
4 Engineering
Example:
3  AFormat

HFormat Sets the number display format used in the Home view. In
Home Settings, choose Standard, Fixed,
Scientific, or Engineering in the Number
Format field.
In a program, store one of the following the constant
numbers (or its name) into the variable HFormat:
0 Standard
1 Fixed
2 Scientific
3 Engineering

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)