HP Prime TORA
07-02-2023, 01:55 PM
HP Prime TORA
HP PRIME TORA is a program to solve Linear Programming exercises with the simplex method (variants of Constraints ≤,Gran M, Two Phases, Dual Simplex) and the Graphic method. (In english and spanish language).
There may be programming problems, since I barely have the calculator since May 3, 2023

NOTE: There is a problem with the accuracy of the calculator in the two-phase method, since at the end of phase 1 the value of z(min) should be zero, but it remains at 1.59E-9 In Diet problem from TAHA ( I think i will put a button of configuration with accuracy in future versions)

Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFmlg-wDIDY
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rgb26kgge...A.zip/file
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2023, 03:38 PM
RE: HP Prime TORA
This is 1.2 version:
HP Prime Tora 1.2
08-29-2023, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2023 06:18 AM by ftneek.)
Great, I am taking a LP course so this should come in handy for me.

But I tried downloading version 1.2 and it gave me version 1.0 instead. Also when I first started the app on my emulator (2020 01 16), it started in Symbolic view (no app welcome screen) and I was unable to select an option from the Menu shown in the manual pdf. I only checked on the emulator so far.

And if it's not too much trouble, could you mention what's different between version 1.0 and 1.2? Thanks!

- neek
08-29-2023, 07:21 AM
(08-29-2023 04:00 AM)ftneek Wrote:  Great, I am taking a LP course so this should come in handy for me.

But I tried downloading version 1.2 and it gave me version 1.0 instead. Also when I first started the app on my emulator (2020 01 16), it started in Symbolic view (no app welcome screen) and I was unable to select an option from the Menu shown in the manual pdf. I only checked on the emulator so far.

And if it's not too much trouble, could you mention what's different between version 1.0 and 1.2? Thanks!

Hello, first of all, good luck in your Linear Programming course Smile

You are using a very outdated version of the HP Prime Emulator. Here you can download and install the latest version (2023-04-13): https://hpcalcs.com/download/

And I downloaded the v1.2 of "HP Prime TORA" and although I don't test it yet, I checked that the files have been modified in 2023-08-22.

Have a nice day !
08-29-2023, 04:20 PM
(08-29-2023 07:21 AM)Archanus Wrote:  Hello, first of all, good luck in your Linear Programming course Smile

Thanks!

I actually just tested on my physical calculator with the most recent firmware and the result was the same, started in Symbolic view and I can't figure out how to access the Menu options shown in the manual. I only thought it was still V 1.0 because that's what I saw in the manual.

And unfortunately that is the most recent version of the emulator available for macOS. I am patiently waiting for the recent updates to be available.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

- neek
08-29-2023, 09:18 PM
(08-29-2023 04:20 PM)ftneek Wrote:  
(08-29-2023 07:21 AM)Archanus Wrote:  Hello, first of all, good luck in your Linear Programming course Smile

Thanks!

I actually just tested on my physical calculator with the most recent firmware and the result was the same, started in Symbolic view and I can't figure out how to access the Menu options shown in the manual. I only thought it was still V 1.0 because that's what I saw in the manual.

And unfortunately that is the most recent version of the emulator available for macOS. I am patiently waiting for the recent updates to be available.

Sorry, my mistake: I forgot to recompile the project. In the next post I will upload the "compiled" version (it seems that in the calculator you always have to "check for errors" and then save again)
08-29-2023, 10:21 PM
(08-29-2023 04:00 AM)ftneek Wrote:  Great, I am taking a LP course so this should come in handy for me.

It was a mistake because my project needs to be "bug-checked" before using (maybe it's an emulator problem). I already recompiled and uploaded again. But you need the new emulator version: 2023 4 13
This is the new version of HP Prime TORA: HP Prime TORA 1.2
08-30-2023, 01:02 AM
(08-29-2023 10:21 PM)HPCarnace Wrote:  It was a mistake because my project needs to be "bug-checked" before using (maybe it's an emulator problem). I already recompiled and uploaded again. But you need the new emulator version: 2023 4 13
This is the new version of HP Prime TORA: HP Prime TORA 1.2

You're right, I was able to get it working on my physical calculator by clicking Edit and Check on the TORA app from the Shift Program menu. My emulator is too old, it gives a syntax error on line 107.

Thanks again.

- neek
09-06-2023, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2023 07:13 AM by ftneek.)
Working good so far. My only feedback right now is that when Home setting is set to "dark mode", some text is hard to read such as in the Graphic method. Switching to light mode makes the text easy to read.

One solution could be to just force the user into light mode when opening the app using Theme(1):= 1 and restore the setting when clicking the Exit button.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

- neek
09-06-2023, 07:41 PM
(09-06-2023 04:33 AM)ftneek Wrote:  Working good so far. My only feedback right now is that when Home setting is set to "dark mode", some text is hard to read such as in the Graphic method. Switching to light mode makes the text easy to read.

One solution could be to just force the user into light mode when opening the app using Theme(1):= 1 and restore the setting when clicking the Exit button.
You are right, it must be that I always use it in clear mode. Thanks for the suggestion.
10-03-2023, 03:35 PM
(09-06-2023 04:33 AM)ftneek Wrote:  Working good so far. My only feedback right now is that when Home setting is set to "dark mode", some text is hard to read such as in the Graphic method. Switching to light mode makes the text easy to read.

I'm here with another version: 1.3b:
-Dark mode fixed
-Constraints enumerated in the graphical method

HP Prime TORA 1.3b
10-03-2023, 10:30 PM
(10-03-2023 03:35 PM)HPCarnace Wrote:  I'm here with another version: 1.3b:
-Dark mode fixed
-Constraints enumerated in the graphical method

HP Prime TORA 1.3b

Nice! I appreciate the dark mode fixes, and the red point in the graphic solution is a nice touch as well. I have 2 new suggestions for improvement. When I upgraded the app, all my stored problems/variables seem to have been erased. I suggest making a way to preserve the problems when installing a new version of the app, so that way they would not need to be reentered. My other suggestion is to add a "back" button when entering the objective function/constraints. If you entered any values wrong or forgot to change a setting when creating the problem, you would need to back out and restart the process of introducing a new problem which is a little inconvenient. It would be more convenient to be able to go back and edit rather than having to restart.

I just wanted to mention that the app now runs on my 2020 01 16 macOS emulator but selecting or storing a problem does not seem to work. Fingers crossed for new firmware soon.

- neek

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)