the calculators of HP poster
10-17-2015, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 08:43 PM by Helix.)
the calculators of HP poster
Do some of you have the calculators of HP poster? I suppose yes.

I like the idea of viewing at a glance the entire line of HP calculators. The printing quality is said to be very good, but I wonder if it's possible to read the writings on the keyboards. Can someone give me the answer?

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: the calculators of HP poster
I have V5.22 of the poster. I checked a few of the calculators and I could read the key markings using a jeweler's loupe and a small LED flashlight .
10-19-2015, 12:52 AM
(10-17-2015 09:10 PM)Helix Wrote:  ... I wonder if it's possible to read the writings on the keyboards. Can someone give me the answer?

A much better way of getting full details of all the keyboard functions of HP calculators - and a lot more - is to buy the Museum Document Set. That will pretty much answer any and all questions you may have. Wink

--- Les
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2015, 01:39 AM
For the older HP calculators you can look at the Museum pictures that Dave took here, they're excellent and well organized. For the newer calculators it's easy to find pictures online, but I can't think of a site that has all of them so well organized.

-katie

10-19-2015, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 12:02 AM by Helix.)
(10-18-2015 10:35 PM)Bob Patton Wrote:  I have V5.22 of the poster. I checked a few of the calculators and I could read the key markings using a jeweler's loupe and a small LED flashlight .

Thank you very much! Now I know what to expect from this poster.

(10-19-2015 12:52 AM)Les Bell Wrote:  A much better way of getting full details of all the keyboard functions of HP calculators - and a lot more - is to buy the Museum Document Set. That will pretty much answer any and all questions you may have. Wink

Certainly! But it's probably a bit overkill for my needs Big Grin . Maybe some day I will order this USB flash drive, though.

(10-19-2015 01:39 AM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  For the older HP calculators you can look at the Museum pictures that Dave took here, they're excellent and well organized. For the newer calculators it's easy to find pictures online, but I can't think of a site that has all of them so well organized.

Thank you for this link. In fact, I've already read all the links in the home page of MoHPC, and it was a great pleasure to discover all the older calculators. But for a quick reminder, I find the "calculators of HP poster" very useful, and I have a copy of this image on my PC to which I refer from time to time. That's the reason why I'm interested in a better resolution image. This poster could be complemented by the pictures of this site for more details.

I'm also aware of the guide to HP handheld calculators, but I don't know how the book is organized, if it gives a quick overview of the various families, like the poster.

Jean-Charles
10-20-2015, 12:23 AM
. . . or just buy 1 of every calculator and make your own poster . . .

Wink

2speed HP41CX,int2XMEM+ZEN, HPIL+DEVEL, HPIL+X/IO, I/R, 82143, 82163, 82162 -25,35,45,55,65,67,70,80
10-20-2015, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 01:37 AM by rprosperi.)
(10-19-2015 11:44 PM)Helix Wrote:  I'm also aware of the guide to HP handheld calculators, but I don't know how the book is organized, if it gives a quick overview of the various families, like the poster.

Wlodek's book is entertaining, enlightening and loaded with useful tidbits with lots of background and historical information about the various families of HP machines. The book does not provide endless lists of specs and features for each and every model (for that, a great source can be found here) but rather includes hard to find/know stories and insights which the author has collected (some from HP team members) from being in the "hobby" for 30-40 years. There is also plenty of details for collectors, but of course that topic is constantly under change.

What kind of information are you looking for? It may be easier to point you at some better resources with a better idea of what you're seeking.

--Bob Prosperi
10-20-2015, 01:59 AM
I known this is somewhat off topic, but follows on Robert last message.
RCL20 is another great book from Wlodek and Frank Wales.
Lots of interesting stories from the actors themselves, a must!
The book informations can be found here and a review here.
10-20-2015, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 12:05 AM by Helix.)
Thank you for these new links and comments, that I find very useful.

(10-20-2015 01:36 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  What kind of information are you looking for? It may be easier to point you at some better resources with a better idea of what you're seeking.

It's difficult for me to explain my wish in English. Perhaps the most simple is to say that I'm looking for… a poster!

All the information about HP calculators is available on the web, but not in way that I find convenient. I want some kind of quick reference, with pictures of the calculators, and basic information like the dates of production. The "calculator of HP poster" seems almost perfect, it only lacks in my opinion a mark for programmable machines. But I see no other choice for now.

Jean-Charles
10-21-2015, 02:24 AM
Bonsoir Helix,
J'ai les deux dernières versions des affiches de Rick Furr.
C'est possible de voir les écritures des touches à l'oeil nu, mais avec une loupe de bijoutier c'est beaucoup mieux.
Pour trouver les calculatrices programmables de type RPN, tu n'as qu’à chercher l'interrupteur ou la touche identifiée PRGM ou P/R.
Les modèles 48, 49 et 50 (RPL) sont tous programmables.
Cordialement,
Sylvain
10-21-2015, 12:41 PM
Ah oui ! Bien vu Sylvain, pour l'interrupteur PRGM ! Merci pour cette remarque, car je n'y avais pas pensé. Possédant une 48S, une 48GX et une 50G, je connais plutôt bien les modèles récents, mais je suis un peu perdu avec les modèles anciens. Ce poster répond donc parfaitement à mes attentes, et je vais en commander un exemplaire.
Merci Smile

(For those who don't read French, Sylvain noticed that a PRGM switch reveals immediately that a calculator is programmable.)

Jean-Charles

Jean-Charles
10-21-2015, 06:40 PM
(10-21-2015 12:41 PM)Helix Wrote:  Ah oui ! Bien vu Sylvain, pour l'interrupteur PRGM ! Merci pour cette remarque, car je n'y avais pas pensé. Possédant une 48S, une 48GX et une 50G, je connais plutôt bien les modèles récents, mais je suis un peu perdu avec les modèles anciens. Ce poster répond donc parfaitement à mes attentes, et je vais en commander un exemplaire.
Merci Smile

(For those who don't read French, Sylvain noticed that a PRGM switch reveals immediately that a calculator is programmable.)

Jean-Charles

Look for [R/S] too.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)