softkey "KILL"
08-30-2015, 12:12 PM
softkey "KILL"
When I want to bebug a program I go to PRG (4,2), then F3 (Run), F1 (debug). In the same line of debug I find:

F5, halt
f6, kill

I guess F5 stops the program, F6 might be an interrupt.

Is this right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: softkey "KILL"
HALT pauses the program currently being executed. Program execution can be continued after a HALT command. Note the HLT symbol in the upper right of the screen.

KILL stops the program, and exits the program. Program execution cannot be continued after a KILL. Note that HLT is not shown.
08-30-2015, 05:34 PM
(08-30-2015 04:35 PM)Brad Barton Wrote:  HALT pauses the program currently being executed. Program execution can be continued after a HALT command. Note the HLT symbol in the upper right of the screen.

KILL stops the program, and exits the program. Program execution cannot be continued after a KILL. Note that HLT is not shown.

This is possible to use on 48 series, as I remember.
Maybe that is possible to HALTing a program after than change to an other program, running that and after that CONTinuing the halted program?
It is possible to running programs parallelly on 48/49/50 series?

Another question: it is possible to running program without LCD / when calc is OFF? Let's say my program running time is very long I throw Wink my 48GX into my bag, I travel to home, during this time my 48 finished his job...?!?

BTW Just for fun: how-long-my-calc-is-OFF:
Code:

TCKSOFF
<< TICKS OFF TICKS SWAP  -  B->R  8192  / >>
08-31-2015, 02:53 AM
(08-30-2015 05:34 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Maybe that is possible to HALTing a program after than change to an other program, running that and after that CONTinuing the halted program?

Rather than answer your question directly, I suggest you simply try this for yourself. Create a program that has an embedded HALT step, then run it and see for yourself what happens under various conditions.

Better yet, while program A is HALTed, execute program B that also contains a HALT step and experiment with that. What do you think will happen?

(08-30-2015 05:34 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  It is possible to running programs parallelly on 48/49/50 series?

No, the architecture of the O/S running on the RPL machines doesn't support that.

(08-30-2015 05:34 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Another question: it is possible to running program without LCD / when calc is OFF? Let's say my program running time is very long I throw Wink my 48GX into my bag, I travel to home, during this time my 48 finished his job...?!?

The main CPU in the RPL systems is actually stopped and powered down when the calculators are turned off. As such, no code can be run in this state. The CPU will be briefly powered up at certain intervals to check for alarm activation, but there's no provision for running any user code while powered down.

The power savings of turning the CPU off isn't limited to the calculator's "OFF" status. Even during normal (powered on) use, the CPU is shut down when there's no immediate need for processing -- notably, when waiting for keyboard input. Which turns out to be a large percentage of the time. Smile

That said, it is possible to shut down the display while the calculator is powered up, but only on the non-ARM systems. IIRC, there was a command to do this in one of the various utility libraries available (KEYMAN perhaps?). Using this would save a little bit of power, and provide for a measurable speed improvement in running programs (due to the CPU not being hijacked to update the display). But this is probably not what you had in mind.
08-31-2015, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 06:57 AM by Gerald H.)
On the HP 49G 1.19-6:

Store the prog below in SOFON, then put SOFON as the first command in a programme - the screen will turn off, run the programme & turn on again, time reduction about 10%.

SOFON
Code:

%%HP: T(3)A(R)F(.);
"::
  CK0
  CODE 00015 8FB97608F897628D34150
  R>
  ERRSET
  COMPEVAL
  ERRTRAP
  ::
    'REVAL
    ERRJMP
  ;
  CODE 00015 8FB97608FF97628D34150
;"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)