"report"
08-10-2015, 09:51 PM
"report"
When I want to "report" a post it says "You should only report posts that are spam, advertising messages, or abuse" I'd suggest that reporting a post in the wrong forum was also included as an option.

Günter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: "report"
(08-10-2015 09:51 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  When I want to "report" a post it says "You should only report posts that are spam, advertising messages, or abuse" I'd suggest that reporting a post in the wrong forum was also included as an option.

Günter

Guenter;

The report function is just an easier way to say the same thing to all 3 moderators with one note. Letting us know that a post would be better in a different sub-forum is good info as a PM or report, but better done as a report since it comes up on all of our screens in bright pink that way.

We'll always do something. I usually ask if i have a doubt. Once recently, a member reported a 34s post as being in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure if the OP wanted responses from the 34s group or from all users of the solver. I asked. He wanted his question moved but we left a redirect for a week so early readers could find it again at the same spot.
08-14-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: "report"
(08-11-2015 04:40 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 09:51 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  When I want to "report" a post it says "You should only report posts that are spam, advertising messages, or abuse" I'd suggest that reporting a post in the wrong forum was also included as an option.

Günter

Guenter;

The report function is just an easier way to say the same thing to all 3 moderators with one note. Letting us know that a post would be better in a different sub-forum is good info as a PM or report, but better done as a report since it comes up on all of our screens in bright pink that way.

We'll always do something. I usually ask if i have a doubt. Once recently, a member reported a 34s post as being in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure if the OP wanted responses from the 34s group or from all users of the solver. I asked. He wanted his question moved but we left a redirect for a week so early readers could find it again at the same spot.

Thanks Den,

Günter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)