HP-25 PARTS
06-20-2015, 03:35 PM
HP-25 PARTS
It is hard to believe that some people destroy a vintage calculator to get more money for it.

http://www.ebay.es/sch/mgpalias/m.html?_...ipg=&_from=

The chance, that this item will ever be put together again is zero if the parts are sold to different locations. Instead it could be easily repaired. At least I hope this is not a common case.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2015, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 03:44 PM by aurelio.)
RE: HP-25 PARTS
(06-20-2015 03:35 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  It is hard to believe that some people destroy a vintage calculator to get more money for it.

http://www.ebay.es/sch/mgpalias/m.html?_...ipg=&_from=

The chance, that this item will ever be put together again is zero if the parts are sold to different locations. Instead it could be easily repaired. At least I hope this is not a common case.

Bernhard
maybe you are right but you should consider also the other face of the coin: maybe there's someone happy to find at a (low) price the only spare part he needs to repair his calculator Smile, another needs the display, another one needs just the keyboard and so... (of course i've no relationship with the seller Smile )
06-20-2015, 03:47 PM
(06-20-2015 03:42 PM)aurelio Wrote:  maybe you are right but you should cosider also the other face of the coin: maybe there's someone happy to find at a (low) price the onnly spare part he needs to repair his calculator Smile, who need the display, who need just the keyboard and so...

If the intention of the seller is to offer cheap parts for repairs, I could agree, but I think he primarily wants to get more money for parts than he expects to get for the whole item. You can easily see, that the parts make a complete set.

Bernhard

06-26-2015, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 11:23 AM by isanchez.)
Hi,

Not so much money has been done with these auctions...probably he would have got more just selling the whole and saying "not tested". We trend to pay and risk a lot...thinking "well, this guy does not know how to make it work"

I have bought the board offered...I need the ACT (if it is OK)...for 10 USD I assume the risk. I live in Spain, so the shipping cost is low. I found it was an opportunity to repair one 25...

By the way, is it me or the prices of HP stuff are raising uncontrolled! I see "destroyed" not-working 41s without ports/side covers, contacts, pouch, etc. for not less than 150 USD...what to say about (working) 65, 67, 41...250 USD minimum...many boxed 67 & 65 for 400-500 USD,; even the 41 modules or 67/65 Pacs have crazy prices... (150-200 USD)

Also there are many and very expensive HP-35. Between 100-120 USD used to be the average price years ago, now not less than 200 USD if not 300 USD....

Of course, there are always exceptions and one thing is the seller's price and other is the really "paid price"...but anyway, maybe it is overvalued by the owner, or it is getting objectively more worthy, who knows!!

Kind regards,

Ignacio
06-26-2015, 11:29 AM
(06-26-2015 10:55 AM)isanchez Wrote:  By the way, is it me or the prices of HP stuff are raising uncontrolled! I see "destroyed" not-working 41s without ports/side covers, contacts, pouch, etc. for not less than 150 USD...what to say about (working) 65, 67, 41...250 USD minimum...many boxed 67 & 65 for 400-500 USD,; even the 41 modules or 67/65 Pacs have crazy prices... (150-200 USD)

Also there are many and very expensive HP-35. Between 100-120 USD used to be the average price years ago, now not less than 200 USD if not 300 USD....

Of course, there are always exceptions and one thing is the seller's price and other is the really "paid price"...but anyway, maybe it is overvalued by the owner, or it is getting objectively more worthy, who knows!!

Kind regards,

Ignacio

Indeed... a couple of years ago it was quite easy to get most pioneer series (excepting 42S) for under 50 euros. Nowadays 32S and 27S usually go over 150, and 17B are advertised arround 100. Fortunately, from time to time you can find lower price units; I got a 32SII, almost new for 45 (the seller was only shipping to Spain; if he had made it available for the whole EU...)
06-26-2015, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 12:51 PM by PANAMATIK.)
(06-26-2015 10:55 AM)isanchez Wrote:  Hi,

Not so much money has been done with these auctions...probably he would have got more just selling the whole and saying "not tested". We trend to pay and risk a lot...thinking "well, this guy does not know how to make it work"

I have bought the board offered...I need the ACT (if it is OK)...for 10 USD I assume the risk. I live in Spain, so the shipping cost is low. I found it was an opportunity to repair one 25...

Kind regards,

Ignacio

Hi Ignacio,

I contacted the seller some days ago. He is a honest person, after seeing no possibility of repair of this unit, he wanted to give spare parts to others and not making money. As we can see the whole unit, even defective, gets more on ebay than selling the parts, so it will hopefully not become common practice.

Bernhard

06-26-2015, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 05:57 PM by aurelio.)
(06-26-2015 12:50 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(06-26-2015 10:55 AM)isanchez Wrote:  Hi,

Kind regards,

Ignacio

Hi Ignacio,

I contacted the seller some days ago. He is a honest person, after seeing no possibility of repair of this unit, he wanted to give spare parts to others and not making money. As we can see the whole unit, even defective, gets more on ebay than selling the parts, so it will hopefully not become common practice.

Bernhard

what did I tell you? Smile Smile
06-26-2015, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 06:37 PM by Thomas Radtke.)
(06-26-2015 10:55 AM)isanchez Wrote:  I have bought the board offered...I need the ACT (if it is OK)...for 10 USD I assume the risk.
I'd take it if it's bad. My PCB is rotten, even beneath the key contacts. Don't mind the ACT as Bernhard appears to have a solution Big Grin.
06-26-2015, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 09:08 PM by isanchez.)
Hi again,

Yes, of course, I know him and is a good Guy and honest. My intention was to remark that he offered the parts, because the whole positively doesn't work...he could have got more just saying the usual: not tested or I don't have the charger...sorry if I gave another impression ...I express myself much better in Spanish ;-)
Regarding the board...when I get mine working I offer to send it to you, just for the shipping cost....
I am pretty sure it is the act...but I have to confirm. Please contact me for that during the next week.

Kind regards

Ignacio
06-27-2015, 06:37 AM
Great, thank you!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)