PockEmul 1.4.1 Relesed
06-08-2015, 10:41 PM
PockEmul 1.4.1 Relesed
A new version of the Pocket Computer Emulator has been released.

Version 1.4.1 has several HP calculators added along with some additional pocket computers and accessories.

Following is link:

PockEmul 1.4.1

There's a version for Windows and for Android.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2015, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2020 10:14 PM by compsystems.)
RE: PockEmul 1.4.1 Relesed
Downloads
https://github.com/pockemul/
forum
http://www.silicium.org/forum/viewtopic....&start=105

[Image: z1gr-11.png]

1.4.0: 2015
New emulated computers :
National JR-800
TI CC-40
TI-95
TI-74
HP-11C
HP-12C
HP-15C
HP-16C

Casio FX-8000g

1.1.0 beta 2:
New emulated computers :
HP-41
TI-57
Sharp PC-E500S

0.9.5.0:
New emulated computers :
Panasonic HHC
SANCO TPC-8300
General LBC-1100
New emulated extensions :
General CL-1000

0.9.5.0:
New emulated computers :
Casio PB-1000
Casio PB-2000C
Casio Z-1 (alpha)
Casio FP-200
NEC PC-2001
Canon X-07
Sharp PC-E500
Sharp PC-G850V
Sharp PC-1211 (Simulator)
New emulated extensions :
Casio FP-100
Casio MD-100
Canon X-710
NEC PC-2021
Sharp CE-122

0.9.3.0:
C Compiler and Integrated IDE
EA-128C emulation
CE-140F emulation
CE-120P emulation
Zoom capability (mouse wheel)
Save / Load gloabl session
Seiko MC-2200 / MP-2200 emulation
PC-1280 emulation
PC-1421 emulation
PC-1600 emulation (beta)
PC-2500 emulation
06-24-2015, 02:47 AM
Why is the app requiring full access to the camera, to the microphone, and to the internet ?
06-24-2015, 10:55 AM
(06-24-2015 02:47 AM)vido Wrote:  Why is the app requiring full access to the camera, to the microphone, and to the internet ?

You don't happen to have anything to hide, do you?
06-24-2015, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 10:22 PM by Bill (Smithville NJ).)
(06-24-2015 02:47 AM)vido Wrote:  Why is the app requiring full access to the camera, to the microphone, and to the internet ?

The internet part I can understand - it has some cloud based files and other documentation that can be downloaded.

But Camera and Microphone does seem strange. Most likely sloppy programming.

Even though I use Android and am a big fan (phone, tablets, etc), the permissions levels are not very selective or intuitive. The developer should state why a certain permission is needed and for what program feature it is used for. Even then, unless you have the source code, you are left to trust that he is only using the permission for only that feature and not for other purposes. It's not a great situation. But we are stuck with it until Google decides to let us individually turn off permission on a per app basis. I think I read that the next version of Android may allow for that.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
06-25-2015, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 09:07 PM by BarryMead.)
(06-24-2015 10:55 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  

EVERYONE has something to hide!!!!! My Pin number, My Social Security Number, my exact income, my age. It is essential that some facts remain private and hidden for us to even function as individuals. If there is ANYONE who has NOTHING to hide, I would like to meet him!

I really hate it when people try to say that we should allow governments and others to SPY on us because we SHOUDN'T have anything to hide. PRIVACY is a RIGHT!!! It is essential for freedom to exist. Without it TYRANNY and massive state sponsored KILLING soon follow. History has dozens of examples.
06-25-2015, 06:47 AM
The problem is not in the fact that we have something to hide, I think. It is that we have informative stuff... and that one having access to these informations may use them in a way that could let people think we are not honorable person, no matter the reasons why. Everybody can say bad thing based on few information and I must say that it sometimes needs efforts to control this attitude. To avoid this, it is important to hide these information.
So it is not the question that I have something to hide. It is the question on how to hide what concerns me. The first answer could be : don't ask me for informations that are not related to the subject ; you don't have intentions to hide, do you ?
06-25-2015, 06:50 AM
(06-25-2015 01:36 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  EVERYONE has something to hide!!!!! My Pin number, My Social Security Number, my exact income, my age. It is essential that some facts remain private and hidden for us to even function has individuals. If there is ANYONE who has NOTHING to hide, I would like to meet him!

Exactly!

And especially applications like that one (emulators etc.) don't have any valid reason to access Internet/camera/microphone/whatever.

If it has some documentation online - let it provide a link and I will click on it if I want ...

https://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwood/
https://hrastprogrammer.bandcamp.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2015, 10:19 AM
I just checked and the new Android M will have the ability for the user to turn on/off permissions on a per App basis. But, as we all know, most of us will not be running version M until we upgrade our devices.

What is interesting is that we get no permission notice when we install programs to our PC's. But we install them anyway. While on the Phone/Tablet, we do get the notice and thus start being concerned (in my opinion, rightfully so). Almost every program I have on my PC has access to the internet, if for nothing else than it's ability to check for updates to the programs. But does this access also allow them to do other nefarious things? I really don't know.

As I mentioned, it appears PockEmul has a "cloud" based piece where users can upload/save and download sessions so that others can use them also. I personally like this feature since it is nice to see how others have configured their sessions for a particular handheld. Yes, this could be done as a separate download page on the web, but I find it convenient to have it within the program. Does the program do other things on the web that I am unaware of - who knows.

I still don't know why the Mic and Camera permissions are being required. I plan to email Remy, the author, and ask him.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
06-25-2015, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 11:18 AM by Sylvain Cote.)
(06-25-2015 10:19 AM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Almost every program I have on my PC has access to the internet, if for nothing else than it's ability to check for updates to the programs.
That why I have installed years ago Little Snitch firewall on my MAC OS/X.
With this app you can control internet access.
by: address, port, application, etc
duration: time base, until app close, forever, etc
IMHO a must have for any security conscious OSX user.
Sylvain
06-25-2015, 11:54 PM
(06-24-2015 10:55 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  

I do : my privacy.
06-26-2015, 11:29 PM
(06-25-2015 01:36 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  
(06-24-2015 10:55 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  You don't happen to have anything to hide, do you?

EVERYONE has something to hide!!!!! My Pin number, My Social Security Number, my exact income, my age. It is essential that some facts remain private and hidden for us to even function as individuals. If there is ANYONE who has NOTHING to hide, I would like to meet him!

I really hate it when people try to say that we should allow governments and others to SPY on us because we SHOUDN'T have anything to hide. PRIVACY is a RIGHT!!! It is essential for freedom to exist. Without it TYRANNY and massive state sponsored KILLING soon follow. History has dozens of examples.

Couldnt agree more
06-29-2015, 10:27 AM
(06-24-2015 10:21 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  The internet part I can understand - it has some cloud based files and other documentation that can be downloaded.

But Camera and Microphone does seem strange. Most likely sloppy programming.

If you look at the original manifest, there is no mention of the camera or microphone:

Code:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT"/>

What causes the trouble seem to be the following lines:
Code:
   <!-- The following comment will be replaced upon deployment with default permissions based on the dependencies of the application.
         Remove the comment if you do not require these default permissions. -->
    <!-- %%INSERT_PERMISSIONS -->

I have the feeling the the Qt libraries request all permissions needed for all supported devices. Rémy should just disable the offending comment.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
07-01-2015, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 01:09 AM by Jlouis.)
I installed it in windows 7, really very good Software. Lots of fun there.

I tried the Android, but it's not available for my Samsung tablet 7" (icecream). What pitty, I was planning in use it with a tape in the camera and other in my mouth.

Regards

JL

Edit: HP 15c is not working in Windows 7.
07-01-2015, 07:11 PM
(07-01-2015 01:06 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  I installed it in windows 7, really very good Software. Lots of fun there.

I tried the Android, but it's not available for my Samsung tablet 7" (icecream). What pitty, I was planning in use it with a tape in the camera and other in my mouth.

Regards

JL

I was able to load it on an Acer A500 10" tablet that runs ICS 4.03, but it is awfully slow - to the point of being unusable.

I have it loaded on a first generation Nexus 7 tablet which is running Lollipop. It's a little slow, but does seem to work. The real problem is that when I use the touch screen to tap on the keys, the screen shot of the computer will move around on the screen. Maybe one of the new tablets would be fast enough to really make good use of it.

I also loaded it onto one of those really cheap Windows tablets - a 8" Winbook TW-802. It comes up but it is not usable - the tablet is way too underpowered to run it.

The HP15C is working in the emulator on my Windows 7 machine. BUT.... the ON key doesn't always turn it on. Right click the image and then select the first menu item "Turn ON when next key pressed". Then click on one of the calculator keys. It may take several tries. But it usually will turn on and then seems to work okay.

I've found that most of the pocket computers work in the emulator, but I do run across various issues with some of them as I play around with them.

Overall, it a fantastic effort the author has put into it.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
07-09-2015, 03:28 AM
(07-01-2015 01:06 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  I installed it in windows 7, really very good Software. Lots of fun there.

Regards

JL

(07-01-2015 07:11 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  

Regards

JL

I was able to load it on an Acer A500 10" tablet that runs ICS 4.03, but it is awfully slow - to the point of being unusable.

I have it loaded on a first generation Nexus 7 tablet which is running Lollipop. It's a little slow, but does seem to work. The real problem is that when I use the touch screen to tap on the keys, the screen shot of the computer will move around on the screen. Maybe one of the new tablets would be fast enough to really make good use of it.

I also loaded it onto one of those really cheap Windows tablets - a 8" Winbook TW-802. It comes up but it is not usable - the tablet is way too underpowered to run it.

The HP15C is working in the emulator on my Windows 7 machine. BUT.... the ON key doesn't always turn it on. Right click the image and then select the first menu item "Turn ON when next key pressed". Then click on one of the calculator keys. It may take several tries. But it usually will turn on and then seems to work okay.

I've found that most of the pocket computers work in the emulator, but I do run across various issues with some of them as I play around with them.

Overall, it a fantastic effort the author has put into it.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

I could not find in google playstore or anywhere else. I guess the problem is Samsung. They do not allow android upgrade as well.

But I've been playing around with it, in windows 7, really nice indeed. HP 15c is impossible to use, and some Sharp s as well, but that's ok. There are many that is working, and it'a lot of fun.

Thanks to the devolepers to make it available.

Cheers

JL
07-11-2015, 04:38 PM
(07-09-2015 03:28 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  I could not find in google playstore or anywhere else. I guess the problem is Samsung. They do not allow android upgrade as well.

But I've been playing around with it, in windows 7, really nice indeed. HP 15c is impossible to use, and some Sharp s as well, but that's ok. There are many that is working, and it'a lot of fun.

Cheers

JL

Although it isn't in the Google Play store, the first post in this thread has a link to an apk file which you can install directly on Android devices. Do a Google search for "installing apk files" or "Android sideloading" for instructions. You'll need to change the security settings on your Android device to allow this.

If you've tried this already and it doesn't work because your Android device doesn't allow it or the program doesn't work with your Android version then please ignore this post!

Nigel (UK)
07-12-2015, 03:09 PM
(07-11-2015 04:38 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 03:28 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  I could not find in google playstore or anywhere else. I guess the problem is Samsung. They do not allow android upgrade as well.

Cheers

JL

Although it isn't in the Google Play store, the first post in this thread has a link to an apk file which you can install directly on Android devices. Do a Google search for "installing apk files" or "Android sideloading" for instructions. You'll need to change the security settings on your Android device to allow this.

If you've tried this already and it doesn't work because your Android device doesn't allow it or the program doesn't work with your Android version then please ignore this post!

Nigel (UK)

Hi, Nigel, thanks for your reply.

I could install, and despite some freezing, it is a marvelous piece of software, thanks for making it available.

Cheers

JL

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)