Stolen WP 31S
04-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Stolen WP 31S
My WP 31S was stolen... by my nine year old son. Missing are the calculator, case and printed manual.

Bandit has not been seen, but I heard an outcry: "Dad! Your name is in the manual!"

The first of my two young ones have started their RPN path.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Stolen WP 31S
Nice!

Pauli
04-20-2015, 01:37 AM
Excellent parenting Sanjeev! You've obviously instilled the proper appreciation for fine quality and efficient tools into your family. Now it seems the focus needs to shift to that "borrowing" thing... ;-)

--Bob Prosperi
04-20-2015, 06:23 AM
So you did successfully create something reasonable appealing to the younger generation. Nice, isn't it?

d:-)
04-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Yes, it is satisfying that a new generation finds some appeal in it. It's also interesting to me to watch someone with a grade 4 mathematics background using a RPN calculator with little effort. Young brains train easily. Also, they were relieved to see that Pi had a prominent place in the keyboard. The 31S has a winning keyboard design, for sure.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
04-24-2015, 10:01 PM
This theft has caused a stir amongst individuals similarly aged in the same residence. I now have another 30B on order as well as another printed manual (this time from Create Space).

We made a four sided cylinder with each side named after a stack register (classic 4 level stack) as a visual aid for stack roll operations. Kids are inventive!

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
04-24-2015, 10:14 PM
Smile Smile Smile
04-24-2015, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2015 02:59 AM by BarryMead.)
(04-24-2015 10:01 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  This theft has caused a stir amongst individuals similarly aged in the same residence. I now have another 30B on order as well as another printed manual (this time from Create Space).

We made a four sided cylinder with each side named after a stack register (classic 4 level stack) as a visual aid for stack roll operations. Kids are inventive!
Inventive kids love to experiment with semi-mechanical representations of abstract concepts.
Maybe they would enjoy playing with the "Digi-Comp II" a mechanical representation of a serial binary adder/subtracter/multiplyer. shown here

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)