42S rapid battery depletion
04-19-2015, 11:20 PM
42S rapid battery depletion
Hello all. I'm searching for some troubleshooting advise for a sick 42S. (well, 3 of them, actually). Several coworkers and I all have old 42S's laying in a drawer with the same problem of rapid battery depletion. Like, a new set is depleted in 3-6hrs, even if the unit is turned off. I tried some of the fixes I could read about such as shorting the battery terminal, but those appear to be more of a dead calc fix.
Any suggestions? I see sporadic internet posts of people with similar problems, but have not been able to find any answers.
thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: 42S rapid battery depletion
(04-19-2015 11:20 PM)Rob Stratton Wrote:  Hello all. I'm searching for some troubleshooting advise for a sick 42S. (well, 3 of them, actually). Several coworkers and I all have old 42S's laying in a drawer with the same problem of rapid battery depletion. Like, a new set is depleted in 3-6hrs, even if the unit is turned off. I tried some of the fixes I could read about such as shorting the battery terminal, but those appear to be more of a dead calc fix.
Any suggestions? I see sporadic internet posts of people with similar problems, but have not been able to find any answers.
thanks in advance!

Looks like a protect diode had shorted, draining all current from the batteries. If it is right, it is fixable, but I'm not sure how difficult is to open a pioneer.
04-21-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: 42S rapid battery depletion
(04-19-2015 11:20 PM)Rob Stratton Wrote:  ...a new set is depleted in 3-6hrs, even if the unit is turned off....

I'm not sure if this would help, but I'm curious if the Print function is turned OFF on your model? to check press SHIFT [MINUS] [DOWN] [DOWN]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)