Thread Closed 
WP 34S Owner's Manual v3.3 (pdf!)
04-11-2015, 12:28 PM
WP 34S Owner's Manual v3.3 (pdf!)
To all of you who requested a searchable pdf manual of v3.3 (and to all others who want one for whatever reason): It will be available for you. It will be almost identical to the current print edition.

How can you get it?
  1. Please send me your real name (no forum nicknames).
  2. Please send me your real email address to mail the 17 MB file to you.
  3. Please send us your real money (9 US$ or equivalent) in our project donation box at sourceforge.
Please send 1 and 2 to walter dot bonin at web dot de since there is not enough space in my forum mailbox anymore.

As soon as conditions 1 - 3 are fulfilled*, I'll create your personal copy and mail it to your address as specified in 2.

d:-)

* The small print: We are engineers, no businessmen. Thus, we reserve our right to refuse doing business with particular individuals - in this case we'll refund the money to the sender. In contrast to official forum policy as observed, we'll give comprehensible reasons unsolicited then. We still believe in the power of inspiring examples. And we apologize in advance for any error which may have happened or will happen in communicating in a foreign language.
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: WP 34S Owner's Manual v3.3 (pdf!)
Thank you, Walter. Payment and information supplied as requested.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
04-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Merci Walter,
Payment and information supplied as requested.
Best regards,
Sylvain
04-11-2015, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 03:26 PM by walter b.)
Thank you, Sanjeev. Mail sent as requested.

The bottleneck is uploading 17 MB everytime. So please be patient.

Edit: Succeeded in making it a bit smaller - 13 MB from now on. Nevertheless ...
04-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Done!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Thank you, Walter!
Mail and money are on the road.
04-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Great !! I've fulfilled conditions 1 to 3 Wink
04-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Thank you for creating this wonderful manual and the subject it's discussing.

Sequence 1. 2. 3. fulfilled.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
04-11-2015, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 08:16 PM by BarryMead.)
Walter:

I fulfilled items 1 through 3, but When I initially tried to donate using the link you provided, the page was in german, and there were errors that I could not read, so I just went directly to my paypal login and sent the $9.00 directly to your email address walter dot bonin at web dot de (with usual translation of . for dot and @ for at). I used the "send money to friends and family" option so that the paypal fees are paid by me not you. Hopefully that
is the same thing.

Thanks Walter
04-11-2015, 08:39 PM
(04-11-2015 07:32 PM)BarryMead Wrote:  When I tried to donate using the link you provided, the page was in german, and there were errors that I could not read, ...

Oops, that's not the way it should be. Sad I tried myself again: the link in post #1 beams you on our sourceforge project summary site; then click on "Donate" (indicating it leads to an external site) - this beams you on a page owned by PayPal, Inc. (US). Indeed, this page is in German on my PC; I assumed it's in the language of the respective user but can't verify this. Confused Anyway, it reads in the third row in the light blue field "Donation to WP 34s" (in English) and further right there's an empty box for the amount of $ you want to donate. Further below you find a box with a light blue frame for your PayPal login data ("Einloggen" = Login). That should do. Smile

(No, I won't write I wait for the day when any Non-English citizen asks for how to operate an English website, will I?)

HTH

04-11-2015, 09:11 PM
(04-11-2015 12:28 PM)walter b Wrote:  As soon as conditions 1 - 3 are fulfilled*, I'll create your personal copy and mail it to your address as specified in 2.

Payment just sent via PayPal, info sent via email.

I had the same experience as Barry - the PayPal page that the link on sourceforge leads to is in German. After filling-in the amount and login info, it still displays an error message in German; I've no idea what it says, so I sent payment directly to your email address on PayPal as well.

Thanks for putting together this plan so quickly Walter!!

--Bob Prosperi
04-11-2015, 09:32 PM
(04-11-2015 09:11 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I had the same experience as Barry - the PayPal page that the link on sourceforge leads to is in German. After filling-in the amount and login info, it still displays an error message in German; I've no idea what it says, so I sent payment directly to your email address on PayPal as well.

Hmmh, could anybody please send me this German error message? I admit I don't feel really responsible for how PayPal, Inc. (US) has programmed its customer interface, but anyway: that's a challenge obviously mastered by people in Canada and France so far but causing trouble in the USA. Just for curiosity, please.

d:-?
04-11-2015, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 09:50 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(04-11-2015 09:32 PM)walter b Wrote:  that's a challenge obviously mastered by people in Canada and France so far

...and Italy, too. But no error appeared. :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2015, 09:50 PM
It seems like the donation email has been changed from Pauli to Walter. Maybe that's the reason for the German texts?

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
04-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Pauli changed it this morning. Nevertheless: it works with Italy, France, Canada (and Austria and Germany, of course) but doesn't work with the USA. Something must make the difference there.

04-11-2015, 10:05 PM
(04-11-2015 10:02 PM)walter b Wrote:  Pauli changed it this morning. Nevertheless: it works with Italy, France, Canada (and Austria and Germany, of course) but doesn't work with the USA. Something must make the difference there.

Also seems to work in the UK

Cheers, Terje
04-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Ok, one more reason to leave it to the USA to find out what's wrong there. Wink It's midnight here.

d|-0
04-11-2015, 10:30 PM
(04-11-2015 09:32 PM)walter b Wrote:  Hmmh, could anybody please send me this German error message?
Okay, here you go!

Bitte geben Sie einen Spendenbetrag ein.
Zweck Spendenbetrag Gesamtbetrag
Donation to WP 34s $ $9.00
Summe: $9.00 USD
Details anzeigen
Spenden Sie jetzt mit PayPalZahlungen mit PayPal

Mit PayPal können Sie ganz einfach eine Spende an walter.bonin@web.de senden. Im letzten Schritt erhalten Sie einen Spendenbeleg von uns.

Fehlermeldung
Sie haben einen ungültigen Betrag eingegeben. Überprüfen Sie das Format Ihrer Eingabe. Sie dürfen nur das Dezimaltrennzeichen und Ziffern eingeben. Bei einem Betrag von $5,00 USD geben Sie beispielsweise 5,00 ein.
04-11-2015, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 10:38 PM by Mark Hardman.)
From Google Translate:

"error message
You have entered an invalid amount. Please check the format of your input. You may only enter the decimal and numbers. When an amount of $ 5,00 USD you give a example 5,00."

I had no problem as I entered just "9" for the amount. If you really want to enter the decimal, I suspect that the form expects the separator for the German localization. Try entering "9,00" instead of "9.00".

I expect the author is relishing the fact that the shoe is on the other foot for once.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
04-11-2015, 10:48 PM
I changed it over to Walter to prevent an extra stage in the process (me telling Walter who donated for the manual). I just changed the email address for the PayPal donation. PayPal has decided that a German recipient means the donor is also German. A bit of digging and fiddling has produced a solution that works here for me.

- Pauli
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)