Graph App
03-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Graph App
Would it be possible to add the capability of saving multiple POI's on the soft menu on the graphing app? It would be quite handy when finding signed area under a curve from , say, first root to next root, or area between curves from first intersection to second intersection. If I understand the graphing app properly, I have to from the app to home to save a root, for example, into a variable, and then return to the app and find the next root (the new root replaces the old root in the root result variable). I can then use my saved variable from home as the lower x value, and the result root variable for my upper x value over which to find the signed area. For POI's that were intersection of 2 functions, I would want the ability to use the x value from (x,y) that describes the POI (in this case, intersection of two functions).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: Graph App
One way of finding the area between roots while in a Function plot view is to:

1. Use FCN / Root to go to the first root.
2. Press OK to get back the full soft menu.
3. Tap Go To to bring up the Go To dialog.
4. Press Copy (shift-View) to copy the X coordinate to the clipboard.
5. Leave the Go To dialog.
6. Use FCN / Root to go to the second root.
7. Press OK to get back the full soft menu.
8. Use FCN / Signed Area... to begin the signed area procedure.
9. Press OK to use the second root as one endpoint.
10. Tap Go To to bring up the Go To dialog.
11. Press Paste (shift-Menu) to paste the prior X coordinate from the clipboard.
12. Press OK to return to the plot view with the signed area currently between the two roots.
03-21-2015, 02:00 AM
Fantastic!

Thanks!
03-21-2015, 07:00 AM
Here's another similar way of saving the intersection or other POI. When you select the Go to option, instead of Copying to the clipboard, you can save the value to a variable by prepending A:= in front of the value. Then later when you're finding the Signed Area, you can just put in A and B or whatever for the limits.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)