My G8X92AA Saga
03-13-2015, 07:09 PM
My G8X92AA Saga
I am fated to NOT have a G8X92AA Prime! First, I ordered one on Amazon. My money was refunded because they couldn't sell it to US residents (why they took my order in the first place, I don't know). Then I ordered from a place that would ship to the US. Hurray! Oops! the Website wasn't actually linked to their inventory. They're out of stock for 5 - 6 months at least! I then ordered from TheCalculatorStore. They refunded my money because shipping to the US was too expensive. I offered to pay the shipping charge anyway but they wouldn't do it. Next I got a remailing address in the UK and ordered from TheCalculatorStore again. I checked the Website to see the status and the order is gone! Sad I guess I'll never get one of those bad boys!

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: My G8X92AA Saga
(03-13-2015 07:09 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I am fated to NOT have a G8X92AA Prime! First, I ordered one on Amazon. My money was refunded because they couldn't sell it to US residents (why they took my order in the first place, I don't know). Then I ordered from a place that would ship to the US. Hurray! Oops! the Website wasn't actually linked to their inventory. They're out of stock for 5 - 6 months at least! I then ordered from TheCalculatorStore. They refunded my money because shipping to the US was too expensive. I offered to pay the shipping charge anyway but they wouldn't do it. Next I got a remailing address in the UK and ordered from TheCalculatorStore again. I checked the Website to see the status and the order is gone! Sad I guess I'll never get one of those bad boys!

A suggestion is to post a query in the Classifieds section to ask if a forum member residing in Europe would be willing to make the purchase on your behalf and ship it to you once he/she receives it. In my opinion, such a person should be offered some small compensation for their effort. Any long-time member of the forum can be trusted as their reputation here is surely worth more than a Prime (yes, even a G8X91AA), whereas new, unknown members are just that - unknown - no offense meant.

hth

--Bob Prosperi
03-14-2015, 02:04 AM
based on my own experience:
Order from De Rekenwinkle in The Netherlands. Send an eMail to Klaas or Emmy Kuperus to purchase, pay with PayPal and ask them to please remove the LiPo battery (regulations) and ship via PostNL (the == of USPS). It might take a while . . ..

The calculator cost €200 and the shipping was about €25. You'll need a battery, look on Amazon, the one for the Samsung S3 works. Buy the 'real' one not the China knock-off.

The Prime has been approved for use on the major IB exam, so there is a buzz in Europe and the calculator might not be in stock and Klaas will be VERY busy with a big 'launch' event for the Prime.

Hope this helps,
Donal
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2015, 09:36 AM
(03-13-2015 07:09 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I am fated to NOT have a G8X92AA Prime! First, I ordered one on Amazon. My money was refunded because they couldn't sell it to US residents (why they took my order in the first place, I don't know). Then I ordered from a place that would ship to the US. Hurray! Oops! the Website wasn't actually linked to their inventory. They're out of stock for 5 - 6 months at least! I then ordered from TheCalculatorStore. They refunded my money because shipping to the US was too expensive. I offered to pay the shipping charge anyway but they wouldn't do it. Next I got a remailing address in the UK and ordered from TheCalculatorStore again. I checked the Website to see the status and the order is gone! Sad I guess I'll never get one of those bad boys!

This is Jose from thecalculatorstore.com. Your order is on its way!

We run out of 2 of the probes you asked so that delayed the shipping.

As for the order status, I'll check it today!
03-24-2015, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 10:21 PM by rogeriol.)
Well, I have to say that I was very lucky. I bought my Prime last weekend totally unaware of the HW revision difference stuff, only finding that out with the calculator in hand.
The blister has a barcode stick just where the NW/G8 indication is visible, seems so for all calculators on sale. I just removed the sticker top and oh-surprise, I had a G8X.
Very impressive, since normally only garbage and leftovers come to this market (Brazil).

However I still have to find the advantage, I believe I'll never make use of this communication feature.

[Image: 20150324_191139.jpg]
03-25-2015, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2015 06:06 AM by Gerald H.)
(03-24-2015 10:20 PM)rogeriol Wrote:  Well, I have to say that I was very lucky. I bought my Prime last weekend totally unaware of the HW revision difference stuff, only finding that out with the calculator in hand.
The blister has a barcode stick just where the NW/G8 indication is visible, seems so for all calculators on sale. I just removed the sticker top and oh-surprise, I had a G8X.
Very impressive, since normally only garbage and leftovers come to this market (Brazil).

However I still have to find the advantage, I believe I'll never make use of this communication feature.

[Image: 20150324_191139.jpg]

Oh, despicable words, "garbage & leftovers".

Try replacing with something mellifluous, eg cutting edge prototype?

Welcome to the club of guinea pig testers.
03-25-2015, 11:52 AM
(03-24-2015 10:20 PM)rogeriol Wrote:  Well, I have to say that I was very lucky. I bought my Prime last weekend totally unaware of the HW revision difference stuff, only finding that out with the calculator in hand.

Longos Brasil ao vivo (or something like that!)

Tom L
Cui bono?
03-25-2015, 12:43 PM
(03-25-2015 06:05 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  Oh, despicable words, "garbage & leftovers".

Try replacing with something mellifluous, eg cutting edge prototype?

Welcome to the club of guinea pig testers.

rs sorry about that!
03-25-2015, 12:56 PM
(03-25-2015 11:52 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Longos Brasil ao vivo (or something like that!)

I guess you mean 'Far Brazil live' Smile
Saw that are several other fellow brazilians in the forum. HP is a staple in higher education around here.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)